Have you received this message when adding your domain to Netlify? Read on for solutions!
- If you are trying to use a domain name purchased through Name.com , please see the existing Support Guide guide.
- Alternatively, this domain has been used with another service (such as Squarespace) who, like Netlify, utilise NS1 to deliver their service. It might have even have been used by somebody who owned the domain before you! There are two potential solutions:
- Discover which other service you have used this domain with. You will need to contact that service and request them to remove the configuration for this domain at NS1. This is the only solution which will enable you to use our Netlify DNS with this domain name. Unfortunately, NS1 are unable to tell us the service provider where this domain is already configured. Additionally, until this service provider is able to resolve the issue, you may wish to perform the below step in the interim.
- If you don’t know what other service created the DNS zone at NS1, you can contact the NS1 support team to have them delete it for you. The first step in creating a support ticket with NS1 is to sign-up for their service here: Free Developer Sign Up. After signing up (which was required last we checked), the next step is to contact their support team requesting that the DNS zone be deleted.
- If nothing else above works , instead of using Netlify DNS, you can use the external DNS instructions to connect the domain name to the site at Netlify.