Please read: changes to our recent pricing update

hi there,

how many contributors are in your team? and do they contribute to a private repo? And are you on the starter plan?

1. Me and one bot that optimizes images
  2. No it’s all public, e.g. GitHub - TruncatedDinosour/website: Ari-web source code (previously ari['s] web[site])
  3. Yes

(Also I’m guessing it’s your birthday from the cake badge so happy birthday :))

Great, then you have no charges to worry about, the changes are really only for team sizes larger than 6 and contributors to private repos for Pro and above. Thanks for the well wishes!

1 Like

Aggggggg, thanks, I got worried lol,
even made a blog on it and restricted contributions,

Deleted all sites of Netlify and moving to render.com. Micro-repos are the norm, requering private repos to be on a personal account is a stupid move, I am not going to make a mess of my code and repos to suit Netlify.

Thank you for everything, whish you well in the future.

1 Like

Hi there,

Here is a way I planned to use Netlify and Netlify CMS.
I would like to know if this usecase is affected by this pricing update.

• A website is set up with Netlify CMS and Hugo
  • Subscriptions are open to anyone.
  • Users submit content through Netlify CMS
  • To protect users’ privacy, the Git repo is private. (Otherwise, user’s email is visible in the Git commit message)

Will each of these users count as Git contributor?

Hi @Roneo.org

Please note these changes are only affecting Business and Professional accounts.

More info here: Upcoming changes to Netlify plans

Hope this helps clarify it!

1 Like

I could not agree more with @LuisOsta .
Thank you for your recommendations.
We are also out of here.

1 Like

Thank you for letting us know, @shellinabox.

What a joke… do you hear this everyone? Netlify is now charging you for services provided by other people (github, bitbucket, gitlab, etc.). Man i wish i could do that, just walk around charging people for things i didn’t do. That’s a nice deck you built neighbor… you owe me $500 for it… Netlify charging for services they aren’t even providing… what. a. joke.

1 Like

I wanted to contribute to this thread from another perspective. As a Netlify fan for several years I have a ton of personal projects on the platform.

Recently I had to migrate a couple of my projects to Cloudflare pages because of the contributor pricing, I have a website that turns over basically tiny revenue that I work on with a friend; its not worth paying 40 GBP a month for that simply so two people can commit to a small project that we can’t host for free or under my pro account on Netlify any more.

Cloudflare pages is offering more for free than Netlify offers my pro account, I am considering moving everything away even though I love the platform.

As an aside, I am involved in technology choices in a big European tech company, and I previously planned to advocate for Netlify as more of the web goes Jamstack in the next few years. But I can already see now that I couldn’t sell it internally compared to the alternatives as a result of the pricing models at play,

So due to various pricing changes it neither suits my own hobby projects or my larger employer; who is it aimed at?

1 Like

Hi @tommcclean :wave:t6: ,

Thank you so much for sharing this feedback with our team. I’ve brought this up to product. Product is working on improving our pricing structure. We hope to have an update to share with everyone soon. Thank you all for your continued feedback.

1 Like

Hi @devghost :wave:t6: ,

I understand your frustration and appreciate you sharing your feedback. I have passed this along to our team. Thanks so much for chiming in! (: