Upcoming changes to Netlify plans

Hey folks!

Thank you for being a part of Netlify. :netlisparkles:

As we continue to grow, we want to ensure that our team pricing plans accurately reflect the full product experience from building, to collaborating, to enabling shared site administration.

In order to do this, starting in April of 2022 we will be making some small changes to our Netlify plans. We are announcing this now in order to make this change as seamless as possible for everyone involved and so you know what to expect.

What key changes will be taking place?

1. 25x-35x more build minutes.
    For our Pro and Open Source plans, included build minutes per month will increase from 1,000 to 25,000. For our Business plan, included build minutes per month will increase 1,000 to 35,000!

2. 2.5x more bandwidth.
    On the Pro and Open Source plans, monthly bandwidth allocation will increase from 400GB to 1TB. On the Business plan, monthly bandwidth will increase from 600GB to 1.5TB.

3. Bandwidth overage increase.
    Bandwidth overages will now be $55 per 100GB for all non-Enterprise plans.

4. For sites connected to private Git repositories on Pro and Business teams, Git contributors will need to be team members in order to trigger builds.
    Teams will only be billed for the number of team members. Currently, Git contributors are people who trigger builds on your team’s site(s). Moving forward, in order to trigger builds, Git contributors who aren’t Team Members will need to have their deploy approved by a team Owner.

As their deploy is approved, they are invited to become a Team Member and a billable seat is created. This means they can deploy without approval from then on. If their deploy is rejected, their build won’t run and they will not be added as a team member to your monthly bill.

This change does not apply to sites linked to public repositories or sites on Starter or Open Source plan teams.

5. Pro & Business teams with 7 or more team members will need an Enterprise plan.
    We have a broad range of packages available to larger teams, which we can help you structure based on your unique needs. These contracted plans come equipped with benefits such as premium 24×7×365 support, uptime SLAs, higher-powered build environment, and a High-Performance Edge network for faster page load times. If you’d like to chat with us about this, we’re available anytime to hash out what makes most sense for your needs.

This change does not apply to teams on the Open Source plan. Additionally, special exclusions may be available for agencies or early-stage startups that qualify. Contact us through through this channel to learn more or, if you’re an agency, you can reach out to our partner team here.

What additional questions can we answer today?

1. Why is Netlify making this change?
    We believe that all users receive value from Netlify, from full team members to Git contributors who trigger deploys. We want to ensure that our team pricing plans accurately reflect the full product experience from building, to collaborating and debugging, to enabling shared site administration. Additionally, this change helps keep the platform free for folks who are hosting Open Source projects with us.

2. How much will my monthly bill increase by?
    The prices of our plans are remaining the same. This means that a Pro member will remain $19 USD per month and a Business member will remain $99 USD per month. The only price that is increasing is our bandwidth overage fee, which will now be $55 per 100GB for our Starter, Pro, and Business team plans. As always, you can check our pricing page here to see what the breakdown per plan is. We will be happy to work through any specific use case concerns you have.

3. Can my Starter plan team have seven or more people?
    Yes! Today, Starter plan teams may have 7 or more members. You can see the outline of what our Starter plan covers on our pricing page. Additionally, Git contributors will not need to be team members in order to deploy on Starter plans. Should this change in the future, we will provide notice.

4. Will Reviewers using Collaborative Deploy Previews count as team members, and will we be billed for them?
    Reviewers using Collaborative Deploy Previews will continue to be free and unlimited for all plans. We are not going to include Reviewers as members you will be billed for and these will not count against the member limits in Netlify plans.

5. I am concerned how these changes will impact my team, can I talk to someone about this 1:1?
    Of course! We know how there are a variety of teams and projects in unique situations. We’re happy to discuss any concerns you have. If you’re on an Open Source plan, a Pro plan, or higher, please reach out via our Support page. If you are on a Starter plan, please comment on this thread so that we can direct your question to the right space.

We want to make sure this is a smooth transition, and anticipate that there will be more questions in the coming weeks. We will continue to share updated Frequently Asked Questions as well as best practices for navigating these changes. As always, the Support Team is here to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks,

The Netlify Team

3 Likes

Regarding git contributors needing to be team members in order to trigger deploys, are there any plans to handle this similar to Slack’s active members? In other words, if 5 developers contributed in a month, we’d pay for 5 contributors but if there was only contribution in a month, we’d only pay for 1.

My company functions as an agency and we tend to have many developers working on a project simultaneously during a new build but, after launch, that number dwindles. Also, we may swap the developers resourced to the project.

Will we need to be mindful of removing non-contributing team members or will this be handled automatically?

2 Likes

hi there weotch, great question.

we are not planning on monitoring active members versus inactive members at this time, so we recommend being mindful of removing non-contributing team members. That being said, we do have special plans for agencies. If you have not already, please fill out our form here so that we can work directly to support you! If you you have any further questions, please let us know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Have to say, our team is pretty frustrated by the change to git contributors and the rollout of these changes.

While I appreciate that this post has been around since Mar 1, we (nor our clients) received any notice of this until today and seemingly came in via the marketing list – after the changes had been implemented. It shouldn’t be on us to check the support forums every day for breaking changes and post-implementation notice is not enough. If we did this with a client, there’s a very good chance we’d be fired.

We understand and appreciate that Netlify needs to make money and this is one way to ensure that we pay per dev, but the lack of notice and the profound changes to workflow here have disrupted our operations. Don’t get us wrong, we very much appreciate the improvements to the build minutes, bandwidth, etc.

Don’t get us wrong, we’ve been very satisfied with the feature set and ease-of-use Netlify provides, but this has caused us to reassess continued use if this is how breaking changes are going to be handled.

13 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Bot commit problems after recent Netlify git committer changes

hi folks - @eggmaster , @emish89 ,@cosmicneil and anyone else following along -

totally hear your frustration(s), and we will speak to that as soon as we can.

in the mean time, if you haven’t shared your team name (or a site in the affected team, API ID is safe to share) with us here, please do!

reason I am asking for this info:

• i want to know how many committers you have and
  • i am going to try and find out if we sent you an email informing you of this change (which was supposed to happen)

absolutely not trying to stifle or censor debate or critique around this, just trying to get some information on your individual situations to see whats up for you on a case by case basis.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Bot commit problems after recent Netlify git committer changes

Team id: bean

currently clearing my schedule to deal with all my annoyed clients w/ can’t update their websites and at the same time work to migrate all my clients off this platform ASAP!

hello vercel + render!

4 Likes

i can’t read that smile as anything but condescending based on what has happened this morning

3 Likes

please keep the information coming. we are currently investigating whether accounts should be affected by these changes - more info when we have it.

yes - we have “more than 6 team members” so somehow - we’re an enterprise

we are 100% affected

we read you loud and clear:
“GET OFF OUR PLATFORM”

4 Likes

@perry our team ID is account-zdbty

1 Like

hey account, can you tell me which team or site in a team this is regarding, please?

This is such a bad decision. I have an agency working in my private repos and now you’re telling me I have to pay an additional $19 per developer for them just to see their creations?

And furthermore, if I grow to have more than 7 of us, I then am forced to upgrade to an Enterprise plan ($99 per seat per month) totaling at minimum to host a site for $792 a month…?

No one is going to be happy about this, I could go to AWS, Vercel, or any other competitor for cents on the dollar to do the exact same thing. Not even Github charges this insane amount, (it’s $2 per seat a month) and Github is infinitely more valuable than what Netlify provides at the moment.

This is a horrible move.

10 Likes

hi brian, can you please tell me which team or site in a team this affects? we need this info from everyone so we can try to help. thanks.

Pro team, you should be able to find us by our sites: sharp-dubinsky-a3d4d, flamboyant-hoover-00e166 and 3 others

1 Like

Add us to the frustrated customers. I did receive the email back in March but after reading that you were making “small” changes, I didn’t give it too much thought. I don’t consider a minimum 300% increase in our costs a small change.
I can’t even match my github to the main team member because I contribute to another Netlify team and it says the GitHub account has already been used in another team! I have to create separate github accounts if I want to contribute to multiple accounts?
We only have four developers at the moment but if we get a couple more, we have to get an enterprise account? That’s assuming we are OK with a 300% increase in our monthly costs. I had just conviced our team to move to Netlify and now it seems we will have to find something else.

5 Likes

djthul, can you share any identifying information about your account, please? thank you

Is enterprise $99? it doesnt even say on their pricing page

Business is $99 a seat, i can only imagine what enterprise would cost

1 Like