Upcoming changes to Netlify plans

This has completely broken our workflow. We’re a community platform with dozens of contributors that come in and out. I’m already managing github seats to keep costs down. Fortunately, those are only $4/seat. $19 per contributor per month to a website is insane. I thought I could just approve it, but you’ve completely blocked our entire development process with ZERO notice. What the actual ****

2 Likes

Render.com is another option if you also need standard web server style hosting

1 Like

can you share some identifying information about the account/team that’s affected, please?

Yeah I just realized that too, at minimum we’re all paying $792 a month, this is insane.

1 Like

Sittes are dev-mrm3 and mrm3

with overages and different add ons we already pay close to $300/mo

even if i were to jump to business (which still doesn’t get us any more seats) we’d be paying more than 3x as much as far as i can tell

all this for a script to run yarn generate for me and host some files on a domain

2 Likes

site: lucid-agnesi-c02b2b

apparently I can’t post unless I type 20 characters

thanks for that - yes, the 20 char restriction is a way we prevent getting too much spam in the forums.

I’m confused on why such an important update was shared on a forum page with no communication given to users of the platform? This broke our platform and there’s no docs on how to migrate. We have a large monorepo where a majority of our code isn’t even Netlify specific. However, now every committer to the repo needs an account for a PR? Then, if you have 7+ people you need an enterprise plan?

I can’t wrap my mind around these decisions, we’re already paying hundreds of dollars for a build system that deploys code to a CDN. Github actions + AWS would run what we do for $20, but we stay for the DX and ease of management.

It’s hard to rationalize this risk for building enterprise platforms. Since we were given no heads up, we’re going to pay the troll toll for now. But long term we’ll be jumping soon as we find another platform that fits our needs.

Also, we’re having everyone accept invites via their work email then connect their Github but appears that flow is broken so we’re stuck.

5 Likes

Hey @perry,

Thanks for following up – we have up to three committers per project, sometimes more if we’re collaborating with another team. We work with a lot of nonprofits and social impact orgs that have limited budgets and can’t afford to pay $1k+ per year for seats for us.

We’re also concerned about the issues raised by @djthul as well.

As for email notification, we have a few different accounts for smaller projects as well and only two of them received notice today–none of them received notice prior to today. Hard to poll clients since this isn’t something they necessarily know how to look through their email for, especially since we have no idea what the initial email notice would have looked like as we can’t find a single one.

2 Likes

thank you, cosmicneil. do you have a team id or site API ID so we can identify you in our system, please? thanks.

hey @mwood23 - do you have a site ID or team ID or site name for us so we can identify you in the system?

Yep! Add us to a completely frustrated customer list. We were dead in the water today and had no idea why. Only our devops team has access to Netlify, but now we have to invite all of our developers. I don’t see how this big of a change couldn’t be communicated to your customers.

2 Likes

Sure – our team slug is cosmic and in a DM I could supply you with some other teams (test accounts / clients) who did not receive notice until today either.

1 Like

Hey everyone,

I have an update for you. :pray:

We (Netlify leadership) are here, listening, and working through everyone’s critique - we want to answer the questions and concerns we heard here, on twitter, and in our helpdesk with regards to the changes you’re seeing. We have a lot we want to clarify.

We want to acknowledge we didn’t communicate as transparently as we intended to with you - despite our best efforts, it seems like we missed a number of affected accounts in communicating changes.

Here’s what we’re gonna do as a starting point:

• if you did receive an email announcing the changes we made, please keep an eye out for an email we will be sending to that same email address later today. There is a lot of confusion and incorrect information floating around that we want to clarify with those who are directly impacted.

• if you didn’t receive any emails from us about this to any of your email addresses, it is likely we missed you. Let us fix that. Help us get you the information you need. Please fill out the form here as soon as possible. (if the direct link goes you trouble, please make sure you choose “billing issue” from the dropdown to get through to the helpdesk) - it’ll take you to our support helpdesk, and we will be able to get the info we need from you so you won’t miss any more updates.

we’ll be sending lots more information out to you soon - please do check your email addresses and if need be, send us information via the helpdesk that lets us know we missed you.

more soon, we’re workin’ hard.

-team netlify

1 Like

can you tell me your team name or the site name or API ID of a site in an affected account, please! thank you.

Thanks for the update @perry. What solutions are the Netlify team looking at currently to the issues and concerns outlined in this thread? We understand you are all working hard on this and may be hard to roll back until these issues can be addressed (too bad you don’t have deploys to roll back to…) but we may need to make business decisions pretty urgently here about what CI/CD platform we will be using in the future and a lack of clarity here is going to restrict our options.

hi @mwood23 - we are looking into this for you.

can you confirm whether or not the people were added to the teams despite seeing the error message?

hi cosmicneil, we are actively discussing all kinds of options right now - your best bet is to keep an eye on that email when it comes out, as i’ll be learning about the decision(s) right around the same time. thank you for your patience.

Thanks for the response and taking these concerns. My Site Name is clever-haibt-e794bd.

I also realized I’m not able to make any commits myself, because my GitHub is SSO into another Netlify account that I’m also a part of.