Is it possible to generate netlify.toml from current settings?

Hi,

I have been using Netlify for some time now (and loving it!). So far I’ve been configuring my settings from the web UI, but I am thinking of trying to keep settings in netlify.toml. I was wondering if there’s a way to generate a netlify.toml file from my current settings, to jumpstart my setup before I go putting it together by hand :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

Welcome to the community, @zzamboni ! You can’t currently generate a netlify.toml based on your current settings, but that’s a neat idea.

If you’re inclined, you can try using our API to get site data and then create your own netlify.toml generator. hmm I see a weekend project brewing… (but not really anytime soon :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

@zzamboni @futuregerald agreed, it would definitely make a great feature request!

2 Likes

@futuregerald @tomrutgers thanks for the feedback! I have posted this as an idea in the feature requests thread :slight_smile:

3 Likes

good call! thanks for contributing :slight_smile:

I can’t seem to find your feature request in that thread, was it resolved?

Hey there, @adueppen :wave:

Can you share, in a little more detail, what you are looking to do? This will help me pass your feedback along to the appropriate team.

Thanks!

Hi, I’ve been messing around with the config for my site a bit lately, only in the UI so far. I’m interested in checking out the Netlify CLI and I’d like to be able to do manual deploys in some cases, but I want to make sure I’m replicating my current config in my netlify.toml and so being able to export the current config in the UI as a config file would be a great feature to add.

Hey there, @adueppen :wave:

Apologies for the delay! I have sent this feedback to the product team on your behalf. Should we implement this, we will follow up here!

1 Like

@adueppen the original link to my post doesn’t seem to work anymore, but it is here: Netlify.toml - what functionality would you like to see?

As far as I know this has not been implemented.