Netlify CLI toml

Hi,

Pretty new to Netlify and I was following some tutorial where you deploy a site to netlify via netlify cli. During the init the last step was that a .toml file was generated.

When I run this on my pc, i don’t get that option and thus also no toml file

Is there something changed? Is there a way for generating that with another command?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Regards,
/Tom

the netlify.toml is a file configuration you can customize for your builds (read more here: https://docs.netlify.com/configure-builds/file-based-configuration/)
It can have different commands for build and dev (more here: https://github.com/netlify/cli/blob/master/docs/netlify-dev.md#netlifytoml-dev-block)

so you can configure your site to build on the server and open a local dev on your machine. or have it minimize only on build through post processing options.

what do you mean you dont get that option? did you install and run netlify-cli following the tutorial?

cheers

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the reply

In the tutorial they were using the Netlify CLI at the end of “Netlify init” there was the option “No netlify.toml detected. Would you like to create one with these build settings?”

I didn’t get that question, so that what what I referring to.

Regards,
/Tom

Tom, can you share which version of the CLI you are using?

Hi,

This is the version I got:

netlify-cli/2.30.0 darwin-x64 node-v13.6.0

Regards,
/Tom

hmm, definitely the most recent version. One more question, where did you find the tutorial? I am wondering if it is something third-party or maybe not up to date.

If it is up to date, then I think the best way forward would be to file an issue on the CLI repo, here:

The tutorial is from Frontend Masters on Jamstack so it’s not public accessible.

I will look in the video to see if I can spot the version being used. Video was from November 19 I think

Regards,
Tom

no problem, Tom. That’s a well known site, it would be great to know how we can prevent this problem for other people. Especially as it is so recent. Thanks for your help with this, super appreciate it.