DNS stuck on 'Awaiting External DNS'

I recently purchased a domain name from qsservers so I could register that on Netlify. However, I’ve followed all the processes (including changing my Nameservers) and it’s still stuck on ‘Awaiting External DNS’.

• We need to know your netlify site name. sponsorpaudramaclub.netlify.app The custom domain is sponsorpaudramaclub.com.ng

I’ve tried going through support articles and re-doing the whole process but when I try to access the site (through my purchased domain), I get this: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

This means you have tried configuring the domains using Configure external DNS for a custom domain | Netlify Docs (note the image at the top of the documentation that shows the exact message you are seeing) however you have changed the nameservers for the domain as per Delegate your domain to Netlify | Netlify Docs.

You need to follow either one method or the other.

If using external DNS you keep your original (likely registrar) nameservers and configure the A/AAA and CNAME records per the first documentation.

If delegating to Netlify you need to change the nameservers and then manage all DNS records in Netlify dashboard.

I’m not sure I understand. I purchased the domain name and changed the nameservers from the default ones to netlify’s (i.e. delegated the domain to netlify). I haven’t followed any of the steps in the first link (Configure external DNS for a custom domain | Netlify Docs).

As an update, ‘www.sponsorpaudramaclub.com.ng’ is now showing ‘Netlify DNS’, but ‘sponsorpaudramaclub.com.ng’ is still ‘Awaiting External DNS’

I see now that both sponsorpaudramaclub.com.ng and www.sponsorpaudramaclub.com.ng are working correctly, this was likely due to propagation. Let us know if you’re still seeing issues!