Awaiting external DNS for over 24 hours

Hello,

I have added the DNS records provided by Netlify to my domain’s DNS settings, but Netlify is still showing “awaiting external DNS.” I have verified the records and they are correct. Could you please check if there are any issues on your end or provide further assistance?

i got the domain from Qserver.
netlify name: consilio-tech.netlify.app
custom domain: consiliotechs.com

Thank you,
Bilal

Hi there, in this time did you switch to using Netlify DNS instead? I see the site up successfully using Netlify DNS. Let us know if you still need assistance.
Thanks!

Hi,
I have switched to qservers DNS again for the company’s email need.
it is still showing awaiting external DNS again.

Hi @Bilcruz,

Thanks for following up.

Since you’re no longer using Netlify DNS, you’ll want to configure External DNS for your bare domain (consiliotechs.com) and subdomain (www.consiliotechs.com). You can follow option 1 from our Support Guide here:

You would configure an A Record for consiliotechs.com that points to 75.2.60.5 and a CNAME Record for www.consiliotechs.com that points to consilio-tech.netlify.app.

Let us know if you have any questions.

I also found this problem really slow and inconvenient to solve. Suppose I have a main domain name for test.com, and I add it to the project every time test.com works, but www.test.com doesn’t. Clearly set CNAME.

Hi @xianxian,

When making DNS changes you do have to wait for propagation. You can read our Support Guide on propagation here:

But I couldn’t understand why the TTL was so slow I had set it for such a short time. Vercel’s resolution is fast