Upcoming changes to Netlify plans

We were not notified about the changes as well, we are a 7 people team and basically forced to leave out 1 person, because support doesn’t reply. Our bill increased 5x for no reason(greed maybe?). Spent half a day today dealing with this, manually allowing all builds and linking accounts, pretty annoying. Also I’m still not sure what to do with people that deploy once every few month? it’s $19/mo down the drain (if we even be able to invite them)

1 Like

+1 but i am looking at https://vercel.com/ and it seems they are also doing this as well
What is an active user on Vercel? – Vercel Docs ugh!!!

Hi folks, Hillary from Support here.

I want to assure you that we recognize the obstacles you are facing and our teams are working to address the areas where this went wrong. As Perry mentioned yesterday, we acknowledge we didn’t communicate as transparently as we intended to with you - and, it seems like we missed a number of affected accounts in communicating changes.

If you have not already done so, please provide your team name, site name, or API ID. This will allow us to look into our system and identify what groups weren’t notified, as well as work to get you unblocked. If you do not feel comfortable sharing this on the thread, you can DM me your information or you can fill out the form here on our support page. (if the direct link goes you trouble, please make sure you choose “billing issue” from the dropdown to get through to the helpdesk) - it’ll take you to our support helpdesk, and we will be able to get the info we need from you so you won’t miss any more updates.

We have all hands on deck across multiple Netlify teams, and we will continue to share more updates as soon as we have them.

This move is so boneheaded.

We woke up yesterday to being blocked from deploying any code to multiple websites, one of which was launching yesterday!

There was no email notice about this major change that broke everyone’s workflow.

The writing is on the wall ‘STOP USING OUR PLATFORM’. We’re leaving for greener pastures if this move isn’t reversed. It makes no sense whatsoever.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Unable to approve deploys and merge user after Netlify change

A post was split to a new topic: Issues with Foresty CMS after Netlify git committers change

Check out render, cloudflare pages, or AWS Amplify for services that don’t price based on seat. We’ve calculated our frontend bill will be lower than prior to netlify’s changes.

4 Likes

Hey @hillary - Our team name is ‘hz’ and we are on a business account. We were not notified about these impacting changes, and now many of our sites won’t build. We are a small agency but have a lot of folks that work in our github account.

@hillary @fool Could y’all please update your docs and pricing page to define what a “team member” is?

Check out the Billing FAQs and Pricing Page and Terms of Use Agreement. Only someone at Netlify knows what a “team member” is supposed to be.

(It was clear when they were just a setting in the dashboard but now it’s unclear based on other messaging)

Also while we’re providing real world examples Netlify didn’t think about:

1. Our billing admin (non-technical)
  2. Our customer support team members logging in to check the spam folder for a single form (non-technical)

Now we’re being told the price will jump from $133/mth (7 users) to $3,000/mth (as quoted by sales team). That’s a 2,256% increase so people can see bills and check spam for customer messages.

1 Like

We have also had 0 notifications on this, blocked our workflow.

Sent a ticket - 4 day response time, we are already going to move, off to use Cloudflare Pages, works for us and it is actually better value in our case.

Complete mess by netlify here…

1 Like

On your plan, you’re limited up to 6 team members. You will need to upgrade or remove members to stay in compliance on your current self-serve plan.

We are 6 in our team, why do I receive this notification?

1 Like

Hiya @npg - that is intended to clarify that you are getting close to the limit, but we are working on a way for you to dismiss the warning. Should be ready by the end of the day!

1 Like

Why is six people the cut off? By what reasoning?

A post was split to a new topic: Looking for additional options regarding Netlify changes

Yep! All three offer deploy previews. If you just need frontend hosting with preview they are great options. We just finished the move to Amplify. It was pretty straightforward, especially if you have domains with Amazon.

Cloudflare Pages was something we wanted to try, but it doesn’t support monorepo at the moment, so that is something to keep in mind.

As a Netlify customer, I am completely FRUSTRATED by the change to git contributors and the rollout of these changes. This IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. It’s awful, harsh, and a DISHONEST movement towards us and ALL other Netlify customers.

It shouldn’t be on us to check the support forums every day for breaking changes and post-implementation notice is not enough. If we did this with a client, there’s a very good chance we’d be fired.

I am honestly considering leaving Netlify by next Tuesday. If you guys made a movement of this type today, what will you do next year?

This will make our costs at least 4x higher without ANY ADDITIONAL FEATURE. And you know how we discovered it? When our deploys STOPPED WORKING as they USED TO.

Our account is meza-digital and many websites are with pending deployments. This is not what we agreed when we bought your services, and we require you to turn this abusive rule down.

3 Likes

For me, it makes sense to make pressure on Netlify’s CEO.
I have made it directly through LinkedIn, in case anyone wants to share:

1 Like

The answer you are looking for is an increase to MRR. Gotta keep those VCs happy, no matter how many customer faces you have to step on in the process!

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Agency and changes to Netlify Plans

It’s extremely concerning to me that Netlify’s messaging indicates the only issue they see is with the communication they provided, not the change itself.

Imagine if your local pizza shop suddenly started charging the cost of the pizza multiplied by the number of people that would be in the room when you ate it… and if 7+ people were there it becomes an “enterprise pizza” at 158x the cost.

To be clear, you only get the same amount of pizza, but because we feel everyone that eats the pizza is getting value from it, you should pay many times over.

5 Likes