Not getting notifications to email with Netlify forms

Hi, I’ve set up automatic notification for Netlify forms, where an email should be sent to support@expresstranscriber.com every time someone submits a form. However, after testing it nothing is sent to that email address. Could this be a hard-bounce issue and if yes can you help me with it?

Hi, @harisrozajac. I’m not seeing that email address on either hard bounce list (there are two but it isn’t on either one).

Are you sure email is working for this email address? I don’t show any MX record at all:

$ dig +noall +answer expresstranscriber.com MX
$

If you just moved to Netlify DNS, this could be the issue here:

If there are questions that support guide doesn’t answer, please let us know.

all form notification emails are sent from formressponse@netlify.com, and any replies to a notification . this field does not need to be visible to your users. you can find out more on our blog, or use one of the templates below to get started.

Hi, @TravelOcelot, are you not getting emails for form notifications? If not, what is the email address not receiving the emails?

You can post that information publicly or you can private message (PM) that to one of our support staff. I’ve confirmed that PMs are enabled for your community login. Please keep in mind that only one person can see the PM and this will likely mean a slower reply than posting the information publicly. Please feel free to reply to however you prefer though.

Hi, @luke. Yes, the issue was with MX records that I completely forgot to set up. I’ve added the records and now I’m getting form notifications in the email. Thank you so much for helping with this!

2 Likes