My subdomain is not working and showing warning *CHECK DNS Configuration*

My primary domain is working but subdomain is not working i.e my website is working without www. but not working with www.
I changed DNS name server within domain. I have pointed www CNAME record to happy-joliot-9fa208.netlify.app. But still My subdomain shows a warning informing me to check DNS configuration . Is there is anything I have forgotten to do that would cause this issue?

Hi @engageNreap

I’m a little confused as to what you are doing. Going by dig I see the nameservers for engagenreap.com are domaincontrol.com i.e.

% dig engagenreap.com NS +noall +answer

; <<>> DiG 9.10.6 <<>> engagenreap.com NS +noall +answer
;; global options: +cmd
engagenreap.com.	3442	IN	NS	ns66.domaincontrol.com.
engagenreap.com.	3442	IN	NS	ns65.domaincontrol.com.

with the appropriate A record pointing to the Netlify load balancer as specified in Configure external DNS for a custom domain

% dig engagenreap.com A +noall +answer

; <<>> DiG 9.10.6 <<>> engagenreap.com A +noall +answer
engagenreap.com.	304	IN	A	75.2.60.5

though I see no corresponding CNAME record for the www subdomain

% dig www.engagenreap.com CNAME +noall +answer

; <<>> DiG 9.10.6 <<>> www.engagenreap.com CNAME +noall +answer

However the screenshot provided shows engagenreap.com is in Netlify DNS and in order to use this the domain needs delegating to Netlify which requires changing the nameservers.

If you currently have engagenreap.com configured in Netlify DNS (see https://app.netlify.com/teams/YOUR_TEAM_NAME/dns/engagenreap.com) then you either need to configure the nameservers appropriately to use it, or remove the domain (not the custom domain from the site though) and the CNAME pointing to the Netlify address of the site you are connecting the domain to and wait for propagation to take place.

There is a great Support Guide with links to many others relating to configuring and troubleshooting DNS/SSL on Netlify.

If you have further questions, do not hesitate to reply here.

1 Like