Extend 15min max build time to 30min

Hello could somebody please extend the build time for 9ce98d61-37c8-4b62-9017-86460f251769 to 1 hour.

The reason is that I’m deploying rust code. It only takes a couple of minutes to build but running wasm-opt to optimize it takes a lot longer and I’ve had to reduce the optimization level to stop it timing out.

Thanks so much

Hi, I just increase the build timeout for your site. Please re-deploy to see this take effect.

Hello

We are in a similar boat, please can you extend our build time to 2 hours - we are moving from gatsby cloud and images are taking a while.

site id: df0e5a48-d6f7-4ff0-b203-b1972d658f70

@GM_Digital I can see this was already done by someone before I got here :slight_smile: Perhaps you asked in several threads?

Sorry us again, could we increase the build limit to 2.5hrs for this site please - e55b18fa-2c8e-4689-b009-39b5322ebdaf.

Hey there! The max we can do is 2 hours. I hope that helps! You will need to redeploy the site for the changes to take effect. Thanks!

Thanks @charlottechhum . The build times out with the 2hr limit. Another site of ours was increased to 2.5hrs. Would a 2.5hrs timeout be possible please?

You really should be optimizing your build, or working with our sales team to try high performance builds which would no doubt reduce your build times.

Have you tried doing anything around making the site build faster, rather than just giving it more time?

Hi Team,

Even we are facing issue with build time error:

2:52:08 PM: Failed during stage “building site”: Command did not finish within the time limit
2:52:08 PM: Execution timed out after 18m40.000831117s
2:52:08 PM: Error running command: Command did not finish within the time limit
2:52:08 PM: Failing build: Failed to build site
2:52:09 PM: Finished processing build request in 19m11.541s

Could you please help with increasing the build time to 30 minutes.

This is the site name - cerulean-starburst-db293c
Site id - 910cd9d2-af22-442b-a539-ef7abd45c13a

Thanks for the reply @fool . The problem we have is time constraints (Gatsby Cloud shutdown). We’re a very small agency and don’t have the time/resources to optimise a build which was (to the client) running perfectly fine on Gatsby Cloud.

I’ve looked at the build logs and there’s possibly some work around queries which could be optimised but as this is a really image heavy site the bulk of the build time is due to image processing. Optimising the queries isn’t going to drastically reduce the build time. The images on the other hand would probably shave quite a bit of time. There’s some client uploaded images which are on the large side but this is still a task which I would prefer to tackle after the migration to Netlify builds. House-keeping for the client if you will.

Given that optimising the builds is not something we envisaged undertaking. Is the only route really to upgrade to an enterprise plan (high performance builds)?

@adishtooljet I’ve increased the build time limit on your site to 30 minutes.

@sid.mann Thank you so much. The deployment was successful.

1 Like

Hi Netlify team,

Can you help us to bump the build time for this site ID: f47f2f21-7a1a-45c0-ad28-04a6fd9acb7c ?
We think with 30 minutes we’ll be fine

Thank you in advance

hiya :wave:t6: welcome! Your build timeout has been increased. Please re-deploy to see this take effect.

1 Like

Awesome1 Thank you @SamO , you rock :tada:

Hey @SamO , sorry to bug you again, can you help me to add an additional 15 minutes? The buidl almost passes, but it neets a few more minutes to finish a postbuild task! Thank you again :pray:

Hi, yes I just bumped you up to 45 minute build timeout. Please re-deploy to see this take effect.

1 Like

Hi Netlify team,

Can you help us to bump the build time?
this site ID: 84ee6be5-e265-48a4-ac83-2bada1da2988
We think with 60 minutes we’ll be fine.
We already register credit card.

Thank you in advance.

@umeet I’ve increased the build time limit to 60 minutes for your site

1 Like

@sid.mann
Thank you!

Before I had my build time extended, I was getting the following error, but now I no longer get it!
“Failed during stage “building site”: Command did not finish within the time limit”

The build is still not successful, but the build time limit seems to have been extended.

Thank you very much!!