Extend 15min max build time to 30min

Hi, i am having problem with the build time 15 min max control, my app will have thousands of image to process in Gatsby so it will take a lot of time to process. I am ok to pay for the extra minutes, and i saw the post from here https://answers.netlify.com/t/deploy-error-command-did-not-finish-within-the-time-limit/9234/10 said you can extend the build time limit up to 30 mins if provide a credit card. I would like to know how can i also do this? Is it automatic extend to 30 min if a credit card is provided?

Extend to 30 min should be good enough for me

1 Like

hi there, we can definitely extend the build time limit to more than 15 minutes.

Here is what we need:

• Netlify account that owns the site MUST have a credit card on file even if you are a Starter tier customer. We will check! This is because longer build times use more build minutes, and there is a chance we might need to bill you for going over the limit on build minutes

• the API ID for a site that you need a longer build time for (is safe to share. Example: c113e602-ade3-494e-ad41-195f488a2942), OR the netlify site name (Example: consuming-wiles-78feg.netlify.app) or the team name (Example: someTeamName)

• the new build timeout, in 15 minute increments. Example: 30min, 45min, 60min and so on)

if you give us all the info in one go, we can usually get to this pretty quickly. If we have to ask for the information, that slows us down :slight_smile:

Hi Guys!

Have the same problem - may I ask to extend build time? I have just one team with one site, so I won’t type ID here :slight_smile: Ideally to 1 hr, because we want to test different approaches.

BTW. Looking at this thread I have two thoughts:

1. I couldn’t find anything in the docs with regards to max build times.
  2. Wouldn’t it be cool to give user possibility to extend max build time by himself? :slight_smile: At least for paid accounts. At the end of the day we pay for those minutes anyway :slight_smile:

Regards,
Have a great weekend!

Hi, @devfive. I filed a feature request for people to be able to change the default build timeout in the web app and updated the timeout for your site’s build to one hour.

If there are other questions or concerns, please let us know.

1 Like

Hi there, we would like an increase for the app sustainability-landscape as well please!

hey there, we took care of that for you!

Thanks very much! It worked nicely

1 Like

Thank you. Is there any way this can be managed in the account?

1 Like

Hi, @Sstoney200. There is an open feature request for this but it isn’t possible via the web UI (or even direct API access) at this time.

If/when this does become possible, we will post an update here to this community topic to notify you of the change.

If there are other questions or if more sites need this setting changed, please let us know.

1 Like

Hi,

Im on free plan and I get timout now.
Think you could be so kind and bump the timeout limit?

Hi, @Nerd. I did increase the build time limit for the site timing out. However, the build is completing in time and the timeout is on the post processing. This is probably because of the large number of new files (about 39k) in the deploy and the time it takes for forms detection.

I noticed this site doesn’t use our Forms feature. Since it does not, you can probably fix this by disabling the Forms detecting in the Post Processing setting, shown in the screenshot below:

The can be found under Site Name > Settings > Build & deploy > Post Processing in our web UI.

If you disable this and then trigger a new deploy, it should succeed. If not or if there are other questions, please let us know.

Hey there, @MikeLawton :wave: Happy to look into this. Can you share the full site ID? Thank you :slight_smile:

Hey there, @MikeLawton :wave: those sites have been bumped as well. You are good to go now!

Thanks so much @hillary, that’s great!

1 Like

Hi @perry @hillary !

Would it possible to increase my build time limit to 45 min on c113e605-aae3-494e-ad45-195f488a2942 ?

Thanks in advance

Hey there, @thibautsabot! Thanks so much for reaching out. We have increased your build time limit to 45 minutes.

Hi @perry @hillary , could you please increase our build time limit to 60 minutes on ? Thanks

APP id: 02925047-383e-4820-871b-847cc4c4ced0

Hey there, @Keyrus :wave: Welcome to the Netlify Forums :netliconfetti: We have increased this build time limit for you.

Hello @perry @hillary. Could you increase our build time limit to 45 minutes for:
c07a937f-a1c0-4fb4-88fb-ded78d9087e4

Thanks!

Hello! I’d like to extend the build time limit to 1 hour for sitename: karleki.com.

The API id is 8f3025bc-9950-406d-ab51-53afb2bf1f9a. I’d also be interested in upgrading to enterprise.

Thanks so much for your help.