Digital asset links file not accessible because it's in a dot (.) folder

Hello! I’m trying to make my PWA an Android TWA (Trusted Web Activity) app, but to hide the browser bar the developer needs to provide a digital asset links (Google Digital Asset Links  |  Google Developers) file (assetlinks.json) in a .well-known folder (twitter’s assetlinks).

My problem is Netlify is not serving the .well-known folder, so the app can’t identify that it’s my website (https://app.dnaplo.cf/.well-known/assetlinks.json).

I also found similar problems which suggested me to add /.well-known/* /not-a-dotfile/:splat 200! to _redirects and rename .well-known folder to not-a-dotfile, but didn’t work for me.

I also build the website locally and the folder was included.

My .well-known/assetlinks.json:

[{
    "relation": ["delegate_permission/common.handle_all_urls"],
    "target" : { "namespace": "android_app", "package_name": "cf.dnaplo.app",
                 "sha256_cert_fingerprints": ["..."] }
  }]

Hi @zalnaRs

I suggest taking a look at the following post for the solution to this issue

Hi! Thank you for your fast response. But it’s not works for me.

That’s odd @zalnaRs, works for me.

When you deployed, does it show redirects where processed? e.g.

@coelmay It does say that its processed

And can you share the rule in the _redirects file

/.well_known/* /well_known/:splat 200

Screenshot_20220122-221037_Vivaldi Browser

According to your original post, you need .well-known, but the redirect rule you are using is .well_known.

Likely the rule you need is

/.well-known/* /well-known/:splat 200

and ensure the directory is named well-known.

Still not working :frowning:

You can find a demonstration repository @coelmay/netlify-dot-well-known which I have deployed to priceless-booth-eef495.

If this does not help, please provide a link to the repository you are deploying from.

Thank you so much! I fixed the issue. There was lot wrong with my _redirects file. :grinning:

I have tried this and its not working for me. my app is vue single page application.

Let me know if suggestions.

Thanks

Hi there, glad you found us :wave: before we can help you, we need a little more information on the issues you are facing.

First, have you looked through this resource? It is a compilation of all of our build and deploy resources. This is a good starting point.

If you have worked through those guides and are still encountering issues please share the following information:

• the name of your build instance: “example-jones.netlify.com
  • a link to your most recent deploy log
  • what you have already tried
  • any error messages you have received in your terminal window or in the developer console

This is my site and trying to access this link => pwatawcs.netlify.app
https://onsite.tawcs.global/.well-known/assetlinks.json

I have added redirect rule, but not working.

@hillary anything that can help ?

@Krunal_Berawala The screenshot of your _redirects file shows the redirect is configured with an underscore _ however the URL you are accessing contains a hyphen -.

The redirect must match the URL: if the URL has a hyphen so must the redirect; if the URL has an underscore so must the redirect.