Best practices when it comes to handling multiple clients under a Single Netlify account

Hi,

Our business model is one such that all of our clients’ sites (mainly eCommerce, all Shopify) will be hosted on Netlify.

After getting to know the platform better, we’re trying to figure out the best approach when it comes to handling multiple clients (note: We have control over all development and repositories).

Is it better to have:

• Multiple Netlify accounts that are owned by the client who grant us with permissions (In this case, could we still see these sites under one dashboard, as if it’s one Netlify account?), or
  • Manage all client sites under one Netlify account, owned by us, billing clients on our own

At the moment, we have 3 eCommerce clients. They are all high volume, but the build times will be significantly different.

Two of these sites are relatively simple with 10 - 30 products each. The third site, which we haven’t built yet, will have about 8,000 products, so in their case, the build process is going to get very complicated and I can see the majority of build minutes going to this client.

Being that a single Netlify account has one pricing plan, just wondering if anyone else is in this type of situation, and - assuming all clients’ sites are under one Netlify account - how you’d approach.

1. Choosing the right Netlify plan
  2. Figuring out how to bill the clients if their shared usage of the same plan is very different.

Thanks in advance

Hi there, @proton :wave:

Thanks so much for reaching out, and welcome to the Netlify Forums :netliconfetti:

These are great questions. I have reached out to one of our teams that can help support your use cases and evaluate which account level would work best for your needs! They will reach out via email, so stay tuned to your inbox!

1 Like

Thanks @hillary,

I’ve realized that when I have multiple clients, each on the Pro plan with two users (on being me), they all appear under my dashboard and the system-level authentication connected to Netlify CLI allows me to do what I need from one central location.

1 Like

Hey there, @proton :wave:

Thanks for circling back with this update! I am glad you have found an approach that works for you :netliconfetti: