Another site is already using this domain" error

I get “Another site is already using this domain” error when trying to use a custom domain, how do I know what other site is using it? Is thie caused because the site is live on Namecheap hosting, where I bought the domain?

Thanks

Hi, @danielleolgin, what is the domain in question?

It does sound like someone already tried adding this domain to their own Netlify site. If so, we can confirm with you that you control the domain by creating a verification DNS record. Once this is done, our support team will manually remove the domain name from the other Netlify site.

​Please let us know if there are any questions about this and (last but not least) welcome to the Netlify community site. :+1:

The Domain is PlaySwym.com and I purchased and hosted to this point with name cheap. They gave me an Autho Code, but I’m not sure what I’d need to do to create a verification DNS record.

@danielleolgin, we sent you an email with the details about the DNS record that needs to be created to confirm the domain is under your control.

We’ll complete the process using that email for communication. Also, please let us know with a reply here if you don’t receive that email.

Hi guys,

I have this same issue on a custom domain. The owner of the account that had my domain configured first said they had removed it from their account, but it’s still not allowing me to add it to my account.

How do I solve?

hi there, we have multiple duplicates from you on this, so I am closing this thread. Please only post one topic at a time for one problem, please, as duplicates just create a lot of clutter in the forums. thanks.

1 Like