Website connection timing out on devices

Hello Netlify community,

In the midsts of developing a website (seaslug.se), testing the launch. Although the build went successfully on Netlify (& can be viewed from the thumbnail) & I can view website from the web browser of the computer I’m developing on when I load it on different devices (mobile, other pcs, laptop) web browsers it fails to connect ?

It seems like a very unusual problem :frowning:

Domain is: seaslug.se
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
netlify domain: epic-swartz-5809b5

Any support greatly appreciated & looking forward to hearing back.

Regards,

Hi @turnleft

The issue appears to stem from misconfigured DNS. It appears the old NS records are still present alongside the Netlify records

seaslug.se.		3600	IN	NS	ns60.domaincontrol.com.
seaslug.se.		3600	IN	NS	dns1.p01.nsone.net.
seaslug.se.		3600	IN	NS	dns2.p01.nsone.net.
seaslug.se.		3600	IN	NS	dns3.p01.nsone.net.
seaslug.se.		3600	IN	NS	dns4.p01.nsone.net.
seaslug.se.		3600	IN	NS	ns59.domaincontrol.com.

You need to remove the two domaincontrol.com NS records. You do need to ensure any other records (e.g. MX, TXT) are in Netlify DNS first. See [Support Guide] How do I migrate a domain to Netlify DNS with zero downtime?

Hey @coelmay ,

Sorry for taking ages to get back, have been distracted but am now very much committed to this.

Awesome- do you mean remove those two NS records within the domain-providers configuration?

Looking forward to hearing back!

Regards,
A

hi turnleft, yes, please remove the two records pointing to domaincontrol. thanks!

1 Like

Hey @perry,

Appreciate the response. Awesome, I couldn’t find an obvious way to do it using the domain providers (GoDaddy Sweden) GUI. I gave it my best shot however now I think I am locked from making any changes until the 13th. I’ll try contact their customer support & report back.

Regards,
A

Oh actually, I just checked now. I successfully updated so the DNS records on the domain providers end look like:
I hope I’ve done the right thing & that’s bringing us somewhat closer to resolving my deploy problems :slight_smile:

I am seeing the correct nameserver configuration now @turnleft. It will take a while for things to fully propagate though. Once this is done, if an SSL certificate is not automatically issued, you can try pressing the Renew certificate button on the Custom domains page in the Netlify Dashboard.