We could not provision a Let’s Encrypt certificate for your custom domain and mail problem

I can’t get a Let’s Encrypt certificate for my custom domain. Any idea how I can fix this? The DNS records of my domain are already pointing to Netlify.

The error I get is: We could not provision a Let’s Encrypt certificate for your custom domain.
My netlify site is: webspek.netlify.app
My custom domain is: webspek.nl

And I have a issue with the mail. I can only send mails and don’t receive anything. I pointed the mx records already. How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance

Hi, @thijs666. I’m showing this site isn’t using Netlify for DNS. This is found in the WHOIS data for webspek.nl:

Domain nameservers:
   ns1.dedi0124.zxcs.nl
   ns2.dedi0124.zxcs.nl

First, you must decide if you want to enabled Netlify DNS or not.

If you NOT want to enable Netlify DNS

If you don’t want to enable it, please delete the DNS zone for it here:

After deleting the DNS zone, create the required DNS records using the external DNS instructions.

If you do want to enable Netlify DNS

Right now you have added NS record for Netlify DNS, but you didn’t replace the existing NS records for this domain. Because of this, Netlify DNS isn’t actually active at this time.

If you want to use our DNS service, you need to change (not add) the name server (NS) records for you domain name at your registrar. Please consult the documentation of your domain registrar for instructions about how to do this.

Finally, if enabling Netlify DNS, please make sure you read this first:

Specifically, please read the section about copying all required records before activating our DNS service.

Regarding your email service, that is covered in the support guide above. We don’t provide email service and, for the moment, we don’t currently control your DNS service either. This means we don’t control your email at all. Even when we do provide the DNS service (if you do activate it) we can only server the record you create. We don’t know what the “correct” records are for your email.

You must tell us what the “correct” DNS records are first. Once you tell us that, we can assist with getting them entered at Netlify.

If there are other questions about this, please let us know.