Unable to enable auto-renewal of domain

Hi, @javierJL11. The domain in question no longer exists.

It was registered using Netlify in the past. However, it is so far expired that Netlify cannot do anything to recover the domain. However, that also means that you (or anyone else for that matter) can register it again now. In fact, you can use any registrar to register it.

There is an unknown bug which is preventing it from being registered using Netlify again. My point here is this:

• Using Netlify to register it again is not required in any way.

For this reason above, my recommendation is to do the following:

1. Register the domain with a third-party registrar.
  2. Then, if you want to use the domain again at Netlify, you can do so using either Netlify DNS or the external DNS instructions.

If there are other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Hi @audrey !

Can you please renew my domain? coastriders.bike
I added payment info but I cannot manually renew.

Thank you!

Hi @marincelo :wave:t6: ,

Sorry for the delay we have renewed your domain. Please let me know if you see it differently on your end.

Hello, i am facing an issue while trying to auto renew a domain registered through Netlify. It returns “unable to update auto renew” error. Please i need to renew this domain.

• Netlify site name: No site is up yet.
  • Domain to renew: 42crackers.com
  • Expired: January 4, 2023 (Less than 30days ago)
  • Payment

Please i need to renew the aforementioned domain name right away. Thank you for your support.

Hey @koolkat,

This should be done.

Hello, I’m having an issue with the renewal as well. Im within my 30 day period and I have selected auto-renew and have been charged, but my site is not online and i can’t auto-renew anymore.
DNS domain is shayasanova.com
expired 14 Jan 2023
payment is working and registered in my account

Thank you.

Hi @shay122990 ,

The domain, shaysasanova.com, was renewed on January 12 but shaysanova.com has expired. The two domains look very similar but they defer by one s. :slight_smile:

We can renew shaysanova.com domain for you. Please confirm you accept the renewal fee of $16.99 , and that the credit card on file here is the one we should use: Netlify App

Once we hear back from you we’ll take care of it!

Hi, thanks for responding. I’m aware of the similar domain names. I just want the renewed one to be online. i’ve had auto-renewal on and was charged for it, however no changes were made. Not sure if I’m missing something here.
Thanks for your help

Thanks for clarifying! I see the issue now, you assigned the domain that hasn’t been renewed to the site.

To fix, please remove that domain and add the one you’ve renewed:

Hope that helps!

Hello, i am facing an issue while trying to auto renew a domain registered through Netlify. It returns “unable to update auto renew” error. Please i need to renew this domain.

• Netlify site name: No site is up yet.
  • Domain to renew: mustafadev.com
  • Expired: January 21, 2023 (Less than 30days ago)
  • Payment

Please i need to renew the aforementioned domain name right away. Thank you for your support.

Hi @haddad866

I moved your issue to the help desk. You should have received an email a few minutes ago. We’ll work together on this there.

1 Like

Hi, I have a recently expired domain, I’d like to renew but I get the “unable to update auto renew” error message when I click the “Enable auto-renewal” button on my team’s domain page. (Similar issue as here: https://answers.netlify.com/t/unable-to-renew-error-need-help-to-renew-dns/17910 )

I’m aware that I’ll be charged for the renewal.

Thanks in advance!

@emmbyiringiro, the domain you mentioned seems to be registered 13 days ago?

We have 2 domain names in Netlify Dashboard

palmabeachrubavu.com - which includes character A as PALMA but this domain name is wrong and someone bought it by mistake 13 days ago as you suggested.

palmbeachrubavu.com - Expired domain name we need to renew and use it as official domain name.

Thanks

Unfortunately, that second domain is too old for us to auto-renew. It expired over a month ago, and we can only renew domains expired within the past month.

Sorry I don’t have better news for you today.

Hi @fool how are you. Can you help me?

I need renew my domain please.

name analistadedatos.netlify.app

Hi @rodipardo

We can renew the rodolfopardo.com domain for you. Please confirm you accept the renewal fee of $17.99 , and that the credit card on file here is the one we should use: Netlify App

I have the same problem as everyone else. Looking to renew the domain asteroidcapital.io - it expired 2 days ago.

Hi,

Can you please double check the domain that has expired and and visit Netlify App to verify the email address associated with it?

Thank you!

@fool i’m facing this same issue of “unable to update auto renew” can you help me auto renew asap please

Domain to renew: feedafrique.com
Expired: April 28