Students unable to create accounts on Netlify

A number of students create accounts through Github but their accounts are immediately unable to access netlify. They get auth errors, email is already used errors etc. There’s nothing to reset and I tried unlinking and relinking the access via their Github settings. Please advise

Just moving my students to Vercel for now. Would really love to use netlify but have 30/150 students unable to login to Netlify or link their Githubs.

Hi, sorry to hear your students were blocked from signing up for our platform. In the future if you’d like to use our platform for your students just reach back out and I can send you to our helpdesk where you can provide a list of students who were blocked and we can remove the block from their accounts.

I will def do that. I personally prefer Netlify to Vercel. I’ll create a list of emails and reach out to the helpdesk in the future.

I am gathering a list of emails and their github usernames so that I can send in one batch to the help desk. Thank you

thank you! I sent your query to our helpdesk please refer to ticket number: 190571

1 Like

Thank you I contacted them. I appreciate the support!

My students followed the protocol and 1 received an email stating they are likely fraudulent accounts. Please advise. I am super disappointed that after using Netlify all these years I have kids in my class unable to use the service. There is clearly an issue with how accounts are flagged. These are high school kids with new github accounts and are being flagged as fraud. How am I supposed to continue using Netlify if 10 of my students are randomly flagged as fraud?

more students are now receiving the email their accounts are banned. Can we provide school ID?