Stuck SSL provisioning prevents changing my primary domain

Hi Netlify Support,

My Netlify site is topshinewindowcleaners.netlify.app.

I want topshinewindowcleaning.com.au (without the hyphen) to be my primary domain.

Currently, Netlify has topshinewindow-cleaning.com.au (with the hyphen) set as the primary domain.

When I try to set topshinewindowcleaning.com.au as the primary domain, Netlify says:

“We’re provisioning a certificate for your site, you cannot change custom domains until that process completes.”

The HTTPS section then shows:

“DNS verification failed — topshinewindow-cleaning.com.au doesn’t appear to be served by Netlify.”

I have already configured the correct domain topshinewindowcleaning.com.au with Netlify DNS, using these nameservers at my registrar (Crazy Domains):

  • dns1.p05.nsone.net

  • dns2.p05.nsone.net

  • dns3.p05.nsone.net

  • dns4.p05.nsone.net

The correct domain is already added to the Netlify project as a domain alias, but I cannot make it primary because of the SSL provisioning lock.

Could you please help clear the stuck SSL provisioning state so I can set topshinewindowcleaning.com.au as the primary domain?

Thank you!

This is a known wrinkle: Netlify blocks domain changes while a certificate is mid-provisioning, so you have to wait for the SSL step to finish or fail before you can switch the primary domain. Your DNS verification error is likely the underlying cause — the nameserver change at Crazy Domains can take up to 48 hours to propagate, and Netlify only proceeds once the domain actually resolves to Netlify’s nameservers. You can check what’s live with a DNS lookup on the NS records for your domain — if it still shows your old nameservers, it’s just propagation and waiting it out should clear both problems. Happy to be corrected if I’ve got that wrong.

Thanks for the clarification. I’ve also checked the new domain topshinewindowcleaning.com.au through Crazy Domains, and confirmed its Netlify nameservers are live publicly through both Google DNS and Cloudflare DNS.

So it looks like the SSL provisioning lock on the old primary domain is what’s preventing me from switching to the new domain. Could you please clear the stuck SSL state so I can make the new domain primary?

Just to clarify, my main goal is simply to have topshinewindowcleaning.com.au secured with HTTPS so visitors don’t see “Not Secure.” I’ve confirmed the domain is correctly using Netlify’s nameservers through Crazy Domains.

If you can help get the SSL certificate provisioned for the new domain, that would resolve the main issue.