Hi everyone,
I’m getting the “doesn’t appear to be served by Netlify” warning on my HTTPS/domain management page, blocking automatic Let’s Encrypt certificate renewal. I’ve gone through the troubleshooting guide and everything checks out clean, but the issue persists.
Domain: steuerberater-select.de (using Netlify DNS)
Site: steuerselect.netlify.app
What I’ve verified:
- Nameservers at the registrar (Porkbun) correctly point to Netlify’s nameservers (
dns1-4.p04.nsone.net) - letsdebug.net shows “Alles in Ordnung” / no issues found for http-01 challenge
- In Domain Management, the domain shows “Netlify DNS ✓” and is set as Primary domain
- The www version also shows “Netlify DNS ✓” and redirects correctly to primary
Certificate details:
- Certificate: Let’s Encrypt
- Domains covered: apex + wildcard
- Created: Aug 13
- Expires: Nov 11 (in 2 months)
The problem:
Clicking “Renew certificate” shows a brief loading spinner, then returns to the same warning with no specific error message. This happens consistently.
The site itself is currently live and working fine over HTTPS, so this seems to be purely an issue with the automatic renewal check, not the live certificate. Since everything on my end checks out per your troubleshooting guide, I suspect this might be a backend/caching issue on Netlify’s side related to the domain verification.
Any help would be appreciated before the certificate expires in November.
Thanks!