Pricing And Plans

Hey there, @pjwdevops :wave: thanks so much for reaching out about this!

On our pricing page it states that accounts with 7 or more members should contact Sales. I completely hear how this language wasn’t clear! I’ve shared some feedback with the relevant teams around making this more visible to prevent future questions.

I’ve opened a Helpdesk ticket for you so that you can communicate with Support to get the details hammered out and set you up for success. Please stay tuned to your email!

1 Like

Fortunately, it’s not as cut and dried as that, @pjwdevops .

There are, as I understand it (and my understanding is limited, since our Support team is still receiving training on what changes will be enacted), several reasons that committers wouldn’t be considered team members and perhaps some or all of the ones listed in the UI for your team will be of those types. I’ve described in the detail I am able to today in my response to your case in our helpdesk; within the next couple of weeks our Product team will be publishing a FAQ here in the forums about the changes and will complete our training, and we’ll be able to help out more here in threads like these.

For now, we’re happy to put you in touch with our Sales team who can already speak authoritatively to this (and who can discuss custom pricing that might be cheaper for your use case), otherwise we’ll have to ask for your patience around our upcoming postings when we will be better able to answer you.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Pricing change questions: what are team members

The recent per contributor pricing change wasn’t linked to from here?

Blog post (March 1st):

Forum post (March 2nd):

I’ve just come to the realisation that there currently isn’t one.

Not only do we not fit the new pricing model because we’re a plucky little agency, but the plan inclusions have grown over time such that a higher cost is justifiable.

We came to Netlify via “static sites”, as you were advocates for a simpler web.
It was a place we could easily perform a CI build and host the resulting static output.

It may be a non-starter in todays SSR fixated market, but a “basic plan” that provides only the original core Netlify functionality for “doing a static build, getting it online & keeping it online” would be ideal.

All we need is…

• Build system
  • Deploy system
  • Redirects
  • Rollback (we’d actually be happy for this to reduced, or even not exist)
  • Let’s Encrypt SSL integration
  • Webhooks (to trigger the deploy & know if it succeeded or failed)
  • Environment vars (we don’t need them “shared”, just a secure way to get them into a build)

For anything else we would prefer to either “not do it” to keep things simple, or rely on our own ingenuity and other services to avoid single vendor lock-in and a potential single point of failure.

While all the features are obviously “nice to have”, (and others would consider them “must haves”), the following are features that WE don’t need:

• Live previews/collaboration
  • Serverless functions (we’re happy to utilise other providers for this)
  • Background functions
  • Password-protected sites
  • Audit logs
  • Slack & email notifications
  • SAML single sign-on
  • Role-based access control
  • Forms
  • Identity
  • Analytics
  • Self hosted repos
  • Build prioritization
    etc etc

Instead of the current “one size fits all” approach, is there any room for Netlify to provide a “back to basics” static only hosting solution?

Which isn’t to be misinterpreted that such a plan would be “free” - We would prefer a plan that provides a simple service, great dependability and a fair price - no “bells & whistles” required.

Hi there, we have just released some more information about pricing changes.

here is a thread with a link to our blog:

In order to keep conversation all in one place, please continue the discussion there.

Any progress for this feature?

None at the moment, @igor.o.