Netlify CMS: is it suitable for my needs?

Dear friends,

I own a travel blog hugo-based on github and so far I update it by my IDE…quite uncomfortable!
I’d like to get a step further and trying to implement something that could allow me to write posts while I am traveling.

I have two main needs:

• pictures must be stored into the post’s folder (both feature image and several other images)
  • custom shortcuts from the input interface to my shortcodes (I have some with different options)

Does Netlify suit for me?
As far as I understand it is two years the CMS doesn’t come out with a new version though…

I look forward to get your opinions in order to get my decision! :slight_smile:

As far as I understand it is two years the CMS doesn’t come out with a new version though

While the development of Netlify cms has seen more active days, that statement isn’t true:

It seems to fit your requirements, although shortcodes do require some customization in the form of editor components.

1 Like

In order to get such a customizations do I need to fork the project or I can do by easily implementing the CMS and editing the config file?

Is there a way to test the implementation while I am in localhost without the need each time to commit&pushing the edits while I try to custom the config file?

No need to fork the repo, check out the custom editor components documentation:

Is there a way to test the implementation while I am in localhost without the need each time to commit&pushing the edits while I try to custom the config file?

That’s what the local backend is for:

Check out some great shortcodes here:

Thank you for your answer.

This repo allows to use a predefined set of shortcodes whereas I’d like to realize/add a list of buttons into the editor that paste the pattern of my custom shortcodes. How could I do?

You’d have to create them yourself, I was posting that as an example on how to get started with that.

1 Like