My custom site was working fine for 2 days then started to show DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

So the site was working fine in all countries (tested in 2 no vpn real internet provider companies worldwide.
Today out of a sudden it started working with me and my friends from another country on cellular internet only, not home DSL. Note that the site in some cities doesn’t work at all anymore but it was fine yesterday.

I’m sure the issue is most probably DNS, I just don’t know if my DNS configuration needs some edits to be propagated. I tried to add some more records on app.netlify.com but maybe that made it even worse. Can a staff please check?
My domain: khaledb.com
Netlify Subdomain site name: https://khaledb.netlify.app

Whois shows nameservers khaledb.com are Netlify.

% whois khaledb.com | grep -i 'name server'
Name Server: DNS1.P01.NSONE.NET
Name Server: DNS2.P01.NSONE.NET
Name Server: DNS3.P01.NSONE.NET
Name Server: DNS4.P01.NSONE.NET

Google nameservers are still present alongside Netlify nameservers when using dig. You need to ensure the google nameservers are removed.

% dig khaledb.com NS
khaledb.com.		3600	IN	NS	ns-cloud-b2.googledomains.com.
khaledb.com.		3600	IN	NS	ns-cloud-b1.googledomains.com.
khaledb.com.		3600	IN	NS	dns1.p02.nsone.net.
khaledb.com.		3600	IN	NS	dns4.p02.nsone.net.
khaledb.com.		3600	IN	NS	dns3.p02.nsone.net.
khaledb.com.		3600	IN	NS	dns2.p02.nsone.net.
khaledb.com.		3600	IN	NS	ns-cloud-b4.googledomains.com.
khaledb.com.		3600	IN	NS	ns-cloud-b3.googledomains.com.
1 Like

I’ve deleted Google nameservers. What else should I have to fix besides that? It’s still has the same issue. Should I just wait for propagation?

Note: I’ve added yesterday the below SPF and TXT and from my panel in Google domains to app.netlify.com DNS records. Should I remove them as well ?

Namekhaledb.comTTL3600 secondsTypeSPFValuev=spf1 ip4:192.168.0.0/16 include:_spf.google.com ~all
Namekhaledb.comTTL3600 secondsTypeSPFValuev=spf1 include:_spf.google.com ~all
Namekhaledb.comTTL3600 secondsTypeTXTValuev=spf1 ip4:192.168.0.0/16 include:_spf.google.com ~all
Namekhaledb.comTTL3600 secondsTypeTXTValuev=spf1 include:_spf.google.com ~all

khaledb.com
IN
TXT
v=DKIM1(*******)

Thanks for the heads up.

1 more thing if i may ask , does my domain Khaledb.com loads fine with you?

SPF and DKIM are for mail delivery and don’t impact loading of a website.

DNS changes can take up to 48 hours to propagate (see here.)

Using DNS Checker, I see a number of locations that have netlify nameservers, and many that don’t (see here.)

Currently khaledb.com does not load for me, likely due to the reasons outlined above.

What about the TXT files? Does it affect the site to be propagated or the loading in general? Should I delete them or it doesn’t matter?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for the help!

You mean TXT records?

Having such records does not impact propagation at all. TXT records serve a specific purpose, so I wouldn’t delete them.

Figured out the issue.

khaledb.com has DNSSEC enabled. Netlify DNS does not support DNSSEC (see documentation and this thread.)

In order to use Netlify DNS for khaledb.com you would need to first turn off DNSSEC at the registrar (likely you would need to return the nameservers to their defaults first) at which point you could add the domain to Netlify DNS.

If you wish to continue to have DNSSEC enabled on khaledb.com you have the option to configure the domain using external DNS as per the following documentation

To decide on whether to use Netlify DNS or not see [Support Guide] Should I use Netlify to manage my DNS?

So now it seems that it loads fine in many countries. Can you check on your side please if it does load?

I have another issue that came up which is: ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED.
Only in my own DSL provider, it seems? Any ideas about what caused it?

I am able to load khaledb.com.

The cause for it not loading for you may come down to propagation of records—as mentioned previously.

2 Likes

Hi @KhaledBuilds,

The site is also resolving properly for me. When I visit khaledb.com the site displays.

If you’re still having issues, then it seems to be a local issue specific to your network or ISP. You may want to contact your ISP.