Netlify DNS not working after 96 Hours after changing Nameservers

Hello Netlify Team,

I changed the Nameserver settings for my custom domain fr-recruitment.de to the netlify Nameservers 4 days ago, but sadly the domain is still not working with Netlify DNS.

So I checked the nameserver settings with dig and everything looks fine:

For me everything seems fine, but I don’t know why the site is not working with Netlify DNS and is still showing the old WordPress Content.

It would be amazing if you could help me!
Thank you so much for your efforts. :slight_smile:

Best
Jonas

Your DNS settings seem to have propagated and your site is loading.

How do you know your domain isn’t working with Netlify?

Are you certain that these are the four Netlify DNS address that are handling your site?

Are you certain that your custom domain is attached to your Netlify subdomain?

Thank you for your reply @gregraven :slight_smile:

I know that Netlify DNS is not working because:

1. The site which is loading is still the old WordPress with old CSS and other missing changes

2. The Netlify DNS dashboard still shows the “Check DNS Configuration” warning

I changed the nameservers of my hosting 4 days ago to the Netlify namesservers and dig also finds them when checking my domain, as you can see on the screenshot above.
Is there any other way to check that the nameservers are handling my site?

I am certain that my custom domain is attached to my netlify subdomain - I just checked the Netlify UI

I’ve seen others write that they have had success deleting everything and the re-adding it back in. If you don’t want to wait for Support to pick this up, you could try that.

At least worth a try.
And afterwards I have to wait up to 24 hours or should it work straightaway?

If you get four different name servers from Netlify, you might be have to wait for propagation.

Another option is to cut back over to your registrar’s name servers and make an A record for the Netlify load balancer and a CNAME for www to your Netlify subdomain. That might be faster.

Three options, with no guarantees. Sorry.

Thank you again for you help! :slight_smile:

But I will wait for the support to pick up the topic.
Before I needed help from the support to delete a A record which is not available in the UI and I don’t want to mess that up again and wait again.

Hi, @jonas1, the NETLIFY and NETLIFYv6 type records can only be deleted by support. However, A records you can delete.

I don’t see any NETLIFY/NETLIFYv6 records for this domain. I do see A records which point outside of Netlify.

If you want this domain to point to a Netlify site, first delete any competing A, AAAA, and CNAME records for any domains names you want to use. Then add the custom domain under the site settings (found under Site Name > Settings > Domain management > Custom domains). This will automatically create the NETLIFY and (possibly if IPv6 support is enabled) NETLIFYv6 DNS records.

If this doesn’t resolve the issue, please let us know.

1 Like

Thank you, deleteing the A record and CNAME helped. :slight_smile: