Using custom domain with Netlify DNS and the only change seems to be a DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error

Site Name: www.space-dots.com/ || neutypingtest.netlify.app

I’ve been having issues with surge pro setting up ssl so decided to switch to Netlify, I’ve changed the name server from my godaddy account to Netlify name servers, Its confirmed this was the case from DNS management in netlify and the old surge site has now been replaced with a DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error.

The website is working on the Netlify subdomain but isn’t working on the custom domain.
Netlify DNS is being used and the SSL certificate/HTTPS is also enabled however the website is not accessible.

The browser is throwing an error: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

I’ve checked DNS propagation from above and it seems like it pointing to the same domain name servers I’ve setup with Netlify DNS. Is there any way to figure out whats wrong?

UPDATE: I’ve tested the URL on my phone browser and can access the site but it has no SSL in place ! Is there a way to find out if the ssl is correct with my setup above? Never mind it looks like this is just the old site, now my phone is showing the same error page

The site now loads without the domain error but the netlify cert/ssl doesn’t seem to be working correctly, should I renew the certificate or wait a while and hope it gets sorted?

Hey @VincentHui

Selecting the Renew certificate button should solve the issue you are seeing.

1 Like

I’ve renewed it but it hasn’t solved the issue it seems. Maybe it takes a while for it to solve?

I see a valid certificate.