Monitoring for Netlify site(s)

PLEASE help us help you by writing a good post!

• We need to know your netlify site name. Example > pudo-map.netlify.app
  • DNS issues? Tell us the custom domain, tell us the error message! We can’t help if we don’t know your domain. > No issues but would like to monitor my URL.
  • Build problems? Link or paste the FULL build log & build settings screenshot > No build problems.
  • Did you try Ask Netlify, our generative AI chatbot, before posting? It pulls info from Support Guides and recent solved forums posts. > Yes I did but wasn't helpful.

Hi,

So I wouldl ike to know what’s the best way to monitor my instances or sites on Netlify? Preferably through a service like Grafana or Datadog? Or how can I only monitor the URL (mentioned above) to see if it’s available (up or down), I used 3rd party software to monitor it but it shows down on port 80 & port 443, which I can telnet to successfully which means it’s open? Strange…

Any help, input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

The better the post - the faster the answer.

Hi @odowest,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to Netlify’s Support forums!

You can use a 3rd party service such as Pingdom.com, however the setup and troubleshooting would have to be done by the 3rd party’s support team as they’ll be able to provide insight in how their system works and how to configure.

Hi @Melvin,

Thanks for the reply and details, much appreciated :grinning:

With the software I’m using I can check on certain ports like 80 or 443 but when I add it to the check, it shows that the site is down but I can telnet successfully to the ports.

Will play around to see if I can find anything that could “block” the ports.

Thanks.

Hi @Melvin,

I can mention I’m using uptime-kuma open source software to monitor the name.netlify.app url.

Do you know if anyone else have experienced this issues before?

Thanks.

What’s the error that you’re receiving that ends up reporting that the site is down?

Hi @hrishikesh,

Thanks for the response.

There is no real logs that says anything, I also started a thread on the Uptime Kuma Github page, here is the link > Host shows down on multiple services · Issue #4955 · louislam/uptime-kuma · GitHub (I’ve added a lot of details there already)

Thanks.

This exact comment: Host shows down on multiple services · Issue #4955 · louislam/uptime-kuma · GitHub is what’s blocking us from doing anything further as well. “Down” is really un-specific and without the actual error message, this would be hard for either us or them to troubleshoot. We can take another look when you can find the logs and share it with them and us.

Something is definitely wrong, but currently it’s not possible to understand where to start looking.

@hrishikesh, I’ve made a comment on the Github thread.

Looks like the issue has been resolved.

What I did was, recreate the env but instead of using Ubuntu 24.04 LTS I used Ubuntu 22.04 LTS, tested with the same URL and it worked.

Thanks.