Like cloud flare domain with netlify

PLEASE help us help you by writing a good post!

• We need to know your netlify site name. Example: gifted-antelope-58b104.netlify.app
  • DNS issues? Tell us the custom domain, tell us the error message! We can’t help if we don’t know your domain.
  • Build problems? Link or paste the FULL build log & build settings screenshot
  • Did you try Ask Netlify, our generative AI chatbot, before posting? It pulls info from Support Guides and recent solved forums posts.

The better the post - the faster the answer.

How do I link the two together because the top one says it’s good to go but the button doesnt work and when I type in https://infinitycuisine.com in the browser it doesnt work but infinitycuisine.netlify.app does work

First thing to note is: if you are using Cloudflare for DNS, you should not have Netlify DNS configured. You use external DNS configuration. Remove the domain from Netlify DNS.

Have you added a CNAME record for www.infinitycuisine.com in Cloudflare DNS?

Also note that Netlify recommends not proxying a domain through Cloudflare

when I make a cname it says it already exist but I dont have any other cname?

1. Is this in Cloudflare or Netlify?
  2. If it is telling you it already exists you must have another record.
  3. Do you have any other records, e.g. A record?

On cloudflare I’m supposed to add it right? And there are A records. I’m guessing I delete those?

Read the documentation I linked earlier. It tells you what records you need. If you have other records you may need to delete them. I can’t tell you because I don’t know what they are.

here’s the records idk. I deleted the others but the www.infinitycusine.com is still showing an exclamation mark saying Awaiting External DNS. Also why does this work https://infinitycuisine.com and not this https://www.infinitycuisine.com

Clearly there is already a CNAME record. When using external DNS configuration (refer my first post) you need to have this, and also an ALIAS, ANAME or flattened CNAME record with the Netlify load balancer domain as the value or an A record with the load balancer IP address. You don’t have any of those.

1. Have you remove the domain from Netlify DNS yet?
  2. Did you read the guide I posted about proxying and Cloudflare?

You also wasted a whole lot of burnt orange digital ink given the CNAME record is known as being the value of your Netlify site infinitycuisine.netlify.app based on previous posts and the MX and TXT records are DNS Only meaning they are not proxied (because you can’t proxy them) and visible to anyone who cares to look them up (that’s how the Internet works) as below.

Your MX records:

$ dig infinitycuisine.com MX
infinitycuisine.com.	377	IN	MX	22 route1.mx.cloudflare.net.
infinitycuisine.com.	377	IN	MX	26 route3.mx.cloudflare.net.
infinitycuisine.com.	377	IN	MX	62 route2.mx.cloudflare.net.

Your TXT record:

$ dig infinitycuisine.com TXT
infinitycuisine.com.	377	IN	TXT	"v=spf1 include:_spf.mx.cloudflare.net ~all"

I did delete it and I did read the link but when I click the next part I cant find the part that shows ALIAS , ANAME? Also I did not know that lol im still learning and I do appreciate the help.

Cloudfare doesn’t support ALIAS or ANAME records. They do support flattened CNAME records. Thus you can configure the apex domain (@) with the load balancer address apex-loadbalancer.netlify.com and the www subdomain with a CNAME value of infinitycuisine.netlify.app. Make sure both are DNS Only.

okay so i redid and deleted it now its working! I wonder why it didnt work the first time? but here are both links and they work. let me know if they do for you https://infinitycuisine.com www.infinitycuisine.com

You still need to change the DNS records from Proxied to DNS Only.

What would happen if you didnt do that? I have another website with that on and ive had it on for over a year and no problems. It’s hosted on netlify too.

This is outlined in the support guide I linked above. Read it.

If you really want to use Cloudflare and have everything proxied have you thought about using Cloudflare Pages instead of Netlify? Save you a whole lot of trouble as everything is far more integrated. Just a suggestion.

I have but unfortunately cloud flare has a file size cap and my portfolio
and other projects are too big for their free version.

You’re producing sites with more than 20,000 files, and individual files that are larger than 25 MiB?

the website is this josephdumke.com. I think it might be the pictures and videos thats why?

@Josephadam Yes, it’s the case that you have some very large videos on your site, for example:

This page alone loads approximately 75 MB:

https://josephdumke.com/work/mobile-wax

Just be aware that unlike Cloudflare Pages which does claim Unlimited bandwidth on their Free plan, that the Starter Plan on Netlify does have a quota and overage charges for bandwidth:

With pages that approach 100 MB you could reach that threshold with 1,000 page views.

1 Like

I seen that and I saw on reddit where the person got charged a riduclious amount of money hopefully netlify changes that policy. Do you know any other host that have built in Email form support. I like that with netlify instead of coding php or using a third party for form submission that neltify has it built in and it automatically goes to my email.