Having issues with my google domain and Netlify

PLEASE help us help you by writing a good post!

• We need to know your netlify site name. Example: gifted-antelope-58b104.netlify.app
  • DNS issues? Tell us the custom domain, tell us the error message! We can’t help if we don’t know your domain.
  • Build problems? Link or paste the FULL build log & build settings screenshot
  • Did you try Ask Netlify, our generative AI chatbot, before posting? It pulls info from Support Guides and recent solved forums posts.

The better the post - the faster the answer.

I have been attempting to deploy my website properly. My domain is registered with Google Domains; however, when I created custom DNS for the DNS server, my emails would cease to function. I can send emails, but I am unable to receive them. This is problematic for me as I would like my website to go live while still being able to send emails.

To create custom servers on my Google domain, I have to switch between the primary name servers and the custom ones. Once I switch to the custom servers, my emails stop working. However, if I switch back to the primary server, my emails function again.

Is there a way for me to add the name servers to the primary name server so that my website can be live, and my emails can work as well? my domain is onabstransportsolutions.com

my netlify site name is steady-madeleine-b6cfef.netlify.app

Hi, @onabssolution. I would recommend using these instructions instead:

They don’t change your existing name servers so your email shouldn’t be impacted in any way using those instructions.

If there are questions about those instructions, please let us know.