I’m trying to add the domain
phulera.in but it’s showing error Please check, Below are the related details of the error.
- My Netlify site name is
- My site ID is: 94a2668f-b60f-4e15-9f37-a6f5c2f9a9e4
- Custom domain: phulera.in
Please help me resolve it. Thanks in advance!
Hey there, this is happening because the custom domain you’re trying to use already exists on Netlify under a different account.
If you have some idea of who might be using the domain (maybe a previous collaborator or an agency you’ve worked with in the past?), the quickest way to get this resolved is for you to contact that person directly and ask them to remove the domain from their account here:
Netlify App > “Options” dropdown > “Remove domain”
If you’re not sure, please verify domain ownership and let us know by responding here when that’s done. If the verification is successful we can remove the domain from the other account so you can use it on yours.
@SamO I followed your instructions and completed steps 1 and 2.
- Go to do your domain host (Bluehost, Gandi, Google, etc.)
- Add a TXT record with the following characteristics:
verified-for-netlify (some DNS hosts will want the dot at the end, so try creating the record both with and without it if the first attempt doesn’t work)
- TTL: default
- Text/Value: link to your public post or case number if we’re helping you in our helpdesk
- In the thread or ticket where we asked for this record, tell us you’ve done it so we know we can move forward
Hey @Hiteshkumawat ! I was able to verify your TXT record, thanks for creating that! I’ve released the domain for your use. You can go ahead and delete the TXT record now if you so choose. Let us know if you have any additional needs!