Founder of Quirrel saying Hi! and Scheduled Functions Beta 🕰🎉

Hey folks, I’m Simon Knott, founder of Quirrel and maintainer of Blitz.js. Today I’ve joined the Netlify family!

I’m passionate about building developer tools, and super excited to move forward how we build the modern web. Netlify is the best place to do so!

We’re launching Scheduled Functions to Netlify Labs today. It’s an easy-to-use way of running cron jobs on Netlify Functions, and I’m especially stoked about the in-code syntax:

import { schedule } from "@netlify/functions"

export const handler = schedule("@hourly", () => {
  console.log("This runs hourly!")
	return {
    statusCode: 200
  }
})

I’d love to hear your thoughts + feedback on the feature! Please try it out by following https://ntl.fyi/sched-func and let us known what you think below :slight_smile:

Cheers
Simon

14 Likes

Long time coming! Thanks :slight_smile: and congrats!

3 Likes

This is fantastic timing, thank you!!!

I was just about to start testing out cron-job.org on my functions today and I am super excited to start testing this out immediately.

Thank you for your contributions, Simon!!

EDIT: less than 15 minutes after finding out about this feature and my scheduled function is working great so far! Thanks again.
Imgur
Imgur

2 Likes

Such a useful feature, I was just learning how to deploy my own cron based lambda functions on AWS. Now I don’t have to! Tested and no problems, the feedback from the interface is also a nice touch. :tada:

3 Likes

Nice! Going to test this out for sure.

This will only run on the main branch I assume?

1 Like

hey there, yes, i just confirmed they will only run on the main branch (whatever that is called, main, master, toaster, as long as it is defined as the default branch). they won’t run on branch subdomains at this time.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 13 days. New replies are no longer allowed.