Founder of Quirrel saying Hi! and Scheduled Functions Beta ๐Ÿ•ฐ๐ŸŽ‰

Hey folks, Iโ€™m Simon Knott, founder of Quirrel and maintainer of Blitz.js. Today Iโ€™ve joined the Netlify family!

Iโ€™m passionate about building developer tools, and super excited to move forward how we build the modern web. Netlify is the best place to do so!

Weโ€™re launching Scheduled Functions to Netlify Labs today. Itโ€™s an easy-to-use way of running cron jobs on Netlify Functions, and Iโ€™m especially stoked about the in-code syntax:

import { schedule } from "@netlify/functions"

export const handler = schedule("@hourly", () => {
  console.log("This runs hourly!")
	return {
    statusCode: 200
  }
})

Iโ€™d love to hear your thoughts + feedback on the feature! Please try it out by following https://ntl.fyi/sched-func and let us known what you think below :slight_smile:

Cheers
Simon

14 Likes

Long time coming! Thanks :slight_smile: and congrats!

3 Likes

This is fantastic timing, thank you!!!

I was just about to start testing out cron-job.org on my functions today and I am super excited to start testing this out immediately.

Thank you for your contributions, Simon!!

EDIT: less than 15 minutes after finding out about this feature and my scheduled function is working great so far! Thanks again.
Imgur
Imgur

2 Likes

Such a useful feature, I was just learning how to deploy my own cron based lambda functions on AWS. Now I donโ€™t have to! Tested and no problems, the feedback from the interface is also a nice touch. :tada:

3 Likes

Nice! Going to test this out for sure.

This will only run on the main branch I assume?

1 Like

hey there, yes, i just confirmed they will only run on the main branch (whatever that is called, main, master, toaster, as long as it is defined as the default branch). they wonโ€™t run on branch subdomains at this time.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 13 days. New replies are no longer allowed.