What Function-ality would you like to see?

Sorry @titusrobyk, but the answer is not yet. You’ll know if we implement one since we’ll follow up in this thread as promised :slight_smile: I don’t foresee this happening anytime soon since the number of requests is quite small, so you’d be best off not waiting but finding some other way to run your other-language functions, though we will still follow up if the situation changes of course!

I’d love to see this as well. Being able to fire off a job every hour is pretty crucial for us.

1 Like

totally. I have added your request to the issue.

I would love to see this feature as well, I hope it gets prioritized. I’ve collected emails from users using Netlify Forms and I want to send them weekly emails based on content files in my NetlifyCMS Nuxt site. Would love to be able to schedule a weekly cron job.

2 Likes

+1 for cron. Hope it will be released soon

3 Likes

+1 to the scheduling. It’s the one thing stopping me waving the JAMstack flag as the go-to; we do a lot of data-fetching from third parties (fetching records that have changed since the last fetch usually). Being able to trigger such a thing to then store the received data in FaunaDB would be an absolute dream. At the moment it’s a button I manually have to press; no use for triggering notifications based on changing data if the user has to log in to set that off! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll also throw my hat in the ring in terms of requesting additional language support for functions, namely Ruby. :slight_smile:

1 Like

noted, @jaredwhite. I don’t have an eta, at all, but i have added your vote to the language support issue.

1 Like

How about making httrack available as a build tool, so we could (for example) upload PHP files to GitHub and crawl those files with httrack to create the public website?

+1 for scheduling functions :robot:

6 Likes

Also very keen for the ability to schedule functions

1 Like

Scheduled functions would be amazing. Cloudflare Workers just released this today which works great.

Better folder handling (similar to Vercel) would also be great. Right now it’s not possible to have nested folders. For example: functions/subfolder/function.js will not work.

1 Like

Ok, that would be great

+1 for function scheduling. Cold starts are a PITA and should have a first-class solution as part of the platform.

2 Likes

totally hear you! We know this is a much wanted feature, for sure. Thanks for weighing in.

Another +1 for the scheduled functions! :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1 for scheduled functions!
Use case: I need to start a long running background function on a schedule, like once per month.

1 Like

Huh. Crazy I haven’t posted this here yet! But for all those looking for scheduled functions… it’s not native / built in to Netlify, but even their front page talks about kicking off Netlify Functions :rofl: Hope this helps some :slight_smile: the folks that made it (which is the same folks that make RedwoodJS) are big supporters of Netlify so… should work great *chef’s kiss*

Jon

+1 for scheduled functions for me as well. Love the work you all are doing!

1 Like

hi everyone,

thanks so much for all of your patience with regards to scheduling functions.

we’re super happy to announce that we recently acquired Quirrel and integrated their functionality for scheduling into our platform.

more here:

3 Likes