Error setting up new website for client – domain name owned by another account

Hey,

I’m about to launch a site for my client which is hosted on their own account here: https://spark-opportunities.netlify.app/

However I’m running into an issue with their domain name (sparkopportunities.com), which is apparently owned by another account. They’ve just purchased this domain name, so I’m not sure if somebody in the past had set up a Netlify account using it, but I have full control of it.

I can add a TXT record as outlined in this support article if that helps: [Support Guide] Verifying domain ownership for Netlify custom domain

Thanks!

Kieran

hi kieran, yes please go ahead and add the txt document as outlined in that doc, and we can verify your domain for you.

Hey Perry,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, I appreciate it!

I’ve just added that TXT file in now. Let me know if I need to do anything else.

Thanks!

Thanks for verifying! We just removed that DNS zone from the other account so you should now be able to use it on yours. Please let us know if that’s not the case or if you have any other questions.

Hey Jen,

Thanks so much for sorting that out, I’ve just managed to add the domain into my clients account now.

Thanks!

1 Like