Duda Site Builder to Netlify

Hey all,

I currently have a few sites in Duda which is a web builder - I’ve exported the site but the files don’t seem to have a similar static site structure that can be built.

My site is jade-taiyaki-74dc46 - full url: https://jade-taiyaki-74dc46.netlify.app/

Has anyone had joy building sites from Duda/Ionos??

Thanks in advance

Frankinstyyn

@frankinstyyn I’m unfamiliar with Duda, but if the export is a html site it should still be able to be hosted, are you able to provide a link to the files of an export?

Hey @nathanmartin sorry, didn’t get a notification on this - thanks for coming back. I can provide a link to the files that have been exported - it’s just not in the file structure I’m used to and Netlify build keep failing - link here - https://we.tl/t-NRydRFhJe5

Also, changing the file refs doesn’t seem to work either! Thanks for the help

@frankinstyyn Sorry I was sick all last week and only just thought to check back in here.

Checking the folder/file structure that you’ve provided from Duda and the references between the files, I can see why you’re encountering issues.

You will need to deploy the entire folder, due to assets like /Scripts/ being in the root, but having all of the Pages located under Pages/desktop/ (and also Pages/mobile, Pages/tablet!) complicates matters.

The page references themselves tend to be relative, but there are root relative references peppered throughout to things like the page specific style.css files within each of the page folders.

So… provided that the files in the Pages/desktop folder are what you want, (and especially if you plan to try and make future changes in Duda), the easiest way I can think of to get it running on Netlify without changing much, would be to copy all of the folders from the Pages/desktop folder into the root, so that they’re duplicated.

This would mean that you actually end up with /home/ folder in the root (and not just Pages/desktop/home), while also leaving the page specific style.css files in place in Pages/desktop/home/style.css.

I’ve tested this locally and it works fine.

You would then just need to set up a redirect/rewrite to push users visiting the root / to your /home/ folder.

The forms on the pages won’t work as they’re currently coded though, you’ll need to convert those to Netlify Forms or use another solution.