Domain not working

I’ve bought a custom domain through Netlify, it was working up until yesterday but now I get the following error:
server IP address could not be found.

Please, this is extremely important, this is a web page that lists the different donations that the uruguayan population can do to help fight the Corona virus, I need this up and running ASAP

Would it be possible for you to share with us the custom domain name so we can help?

Here is the custom domain
https://donaciones-covid-uruguay.tech/

Right now, the status on the Custom domains section is Waiting for DNS propagation, but up until this morning, the status was another one and everything was working perfectly

I’m not seeing any evidence that your custom domain is pointed at Netlify’s servers. Are you certain of your DNS settings?

That is weird, I bought the domain through Netlify, my DNS settings are the ones that Netlify automatically set, I did not make any changes whatsoever

Screenshot 2020-03-25 at 16.15.42

I can see the problem, @juani23 . Our domain registrar (we use name.com, we are not ourselves a registrar) has put the domain on hold and this blocks it from being usable:

$ whois donaciones-covid-uruguay.tech
Domain Name: DONACIONES-COVID-URUGUAY.TECH
Registry Domain ID: D179630334-CNIC
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.name.com
Registrar URL: http://www.name.com/
Updated Date: 2020-03-24T23:18:29.0Z
Creation Date: 2020-03-21T11:26:45.0Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2021-03-21T23:59:59.0Z
Registrar: Name.com LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 625
Domain Status: serverHold https://icann.org/epp#serverHold
[...]

I don’t understand why but I have contacted their support to find out and will follow up here once I know! This is the first time we’ve seen this in over 12,000 domains purchased so I suspect there is some problem on their side.

Thanks a lot for reaching out @fool

I hope we can get this sorted out, I was starting to get some traction on the site and it was starting to make a difference in Uruguay when it comes to donations to fight against Covid 19. We are lacking a lot of resources, unfortunately.

Is there something I can do to speed up this issue?

Again, thanks again for taking the time to look at the issue

Unfortunately nothing you (or I) can do to hurry it up; we are at the mercy of name.com’s support team…

Ok, thank you, whatever you can do is enough, this page is important for my country :pray:t2:

Seems like this was reported by a third party organization based on your use of the name. Here’s what I heard; you’ll have to fix this with the company mentioned yourself since we cannot vouch for your content or usage:

This domain was placed on serverHold by Radix, the registry for the domain(s) for violations of their terms of service specifically spamming activity. This hold was placed by the registry directly and not by Name.com so that you will need to work with the registry to have the hold removed.

You can use the tool in the link below to enter your domain and request a review of the hold on your domain.

Thanks for following the issue. I went through the process and submitted a request.

I understand that you cannot vouch for me, you already did enough.

Thanks again, and keep up the good work, this platform is amazing.

Seems that the suspension will be listed, do you know if we need to do any specific update to make it work again? does name.com need to do something?

Great, looks like that fixed things up! I don’t think there are any other steps - I can access your site now and I think everyone else can too :slight_smile: