Custom Domain not linked

Hello

• We are unable to add custom domain to the netlify app- goldieowlbeta.netlify.app
  • DNS is properly propagated (CNAME) for app.innitforthe.tech but Netlify still shows dns verification pending and in the HTTPS/SSL section it earlier said that Netlify can’t verify the subdomain so we added our own certificate from cloudflare but the website itself doesn’t work.
  • There are no build problems. goldieowlbeta.netlify.app opens but app.innitforthe.tech shows ssl error for some reason.

If anyone can tell us what’s wrong, please let us know. We have already gone through the Netlify docs but none of it worked.

Hi @yermarblows

app.innitforthe.tech is not pointed to goldieowlbeta.netlify.app; see below

% dig app.innitforthe.tech
app.innitforthe.tech.	300	IN	CNAME	innitapp.netlify.app.

Just changed it to this new url since we were trying to resolve the problem but even then it doesn’t work.
It still says dns verification pending.

Now it is pointing to Vercel

% dig app.innitforthe.tech
app.innitforthe.tech.	300	IN	CNAME	innitapp.vercel.app.

It’s not working on Netlify thats why we moved the dns to vercel.
For some reason, Netlify is blocking the subdomain app.innitforthe.tech and the dns verification never succeeds so we have moved to vercel and it’s working now.

is there any way to check if Netlify has a problem with the subdomain app.innitforthe.tech? All other subdomains such as application.innitforthe.tech work on netlify

Not that I am aware of.

I see no reason why it would not work when all other sub-/domains are working as long as it is properly configured.

1 Like

Excatly what we thought. Apparently a hacker asked us ransom and said otherwise he will take us down.
We rejected and he did. Apparently post that only the netlify app isn’t able to approve dns configuration for app.innitforthe.tech.
No clue how he did that and no clue how to solve it.

Hey there, @yermarblows :wave:

Thanks for reaching out. I have looped in our Support Engineers to look into this further for you. Stay tuned for more information!

Hi folks,

Apparently a hacker asked us ransom and said otherwise he will take us down.
We rejected and he did. Apparently post that only the netlify app isn’t able to approve dns configuration for app.innitforthe.tech.

This is a worrying assertion, but sounds unlikely to me; nothing anyone else can do should impact your site being served at Netlify, assuming you can add the hostname to your site in our UI. I have asked our security team to review this, but I think they will agree with me. So, let’s debug what might be going on, in more detail.

You do need to do that first - add the hostname to a site in our UI (here, if you are using the goldieowlbeta site: Netlify App). While I understand you’ve reverted DNS, you can leave that configuration on our side even if it is not active, but right now I don’t see any site with that configured, so we wouldn’t serve that site now even if DNS was pointing to us.

Could you please reconfigure the site to include that name? Then I’ll test to ensure that we serve your content and aren’t blocked (and show you how I tested so you can confirm before changing anything else), and then we can talk about how long SSL certificate provisioning will take and how you can work around that if it’s seeming to take too long.

1 Like

Ah, I see you have a helpdesk ticket open - let’s continue this conversation there to protect your privacy, @yermarblows ! Thanks for your help so far @coelmay and @hillary !

2 Likes

Thanks.
I have replied on the support email.