Connecting Google Workspace to Netlify

Hey,

I’m having some trouble figuring out how to connect my website to my Google Workspace account. I had previously done it through Namecheap, but I have decided to host my website on Netlify so now I need to switch my MX over to Netlify. How would I go about doing this?

Thanks,

Benton

Hi @benton welcome to the forums.

Short answer Zoho.
Detailed answer: [Support Guide] How can I receive emails on my domain?

@benton Could you be more specific about what you are trying to do? You cannot switch your mail servers to Netlify because Netlify doesn’t run mail servers.

However, you easily can add the MX records needed by Google in your Netlify DNS dashboard.

Finally, just because you are hosting on Netlify doesn’t mean you have to use Netlify DNS. You can continue to use NameCheap DNS, if that’s easier for you.

Hi there,

Thanks for your advice. Apologies for not communicating my issue well. I’m looking to receive Gmail and use Google workspace, but have my site hosted through Netlify. I’m not sure where to look for the MX records that I need to plug into Google workspace so that I can have my mail go to it.

Try this Activate Gmail for Google Workspace - Google Workspace Admin Help

2 Likes

Hey there, @benton :wave:

Welcome to the Netlify Forums! Take a look at what @coelmay shared and please let us know if that answers your question :slight_smile:

1 Like

6 posts were split to a new topic: Google Workspace can’t find MX records

@benton Did you wind up finding a solution?

@coelmay This doesn’t work for me. Google Workspace connects me to Namecheap and Namecheap tells me to either set up on Netlify or change to a Basic DNS through Namecheap. Do I need to unhost my site from Netlify to set up my Google Workspace?

You simply need to add the required DNS records. As for what the required DNS records are, you need to ask Google and get a list. Once you add them to Netlify, you’re good to go.

If you want to switch to Namecheap DNS, feel free, but then you’d have to use external DNS: Configure external DNS for a custom domain | Netlify Docs

1 Like

Ok guys, I figured it out. In Netlify:

1. Choose the domain that you want to work with
  2. Go to Domain Management
  3. Find the primary domain and click “Options” and then “Go to DNS Panel”
  4. Click “Add New Record” and enter a new record for each of the MX records the Google gave you.