It seems like I might be encountering a bug with branch subdomains – branches created after linking the project to GitHub repo seem to be absent in the list https://app.netlify.com/sites/foo-bar-baz111111/settings/domain#branch-subdomains. Here is how you can recreate the issue:
- Create a repo in Github with, say to branches: main and dev
- Add branch deploys for, say dev branch here settings/deploys#deploy-contexts
- Create a new site in Netlify, add custom domain, domain branches. All looks good. dev.yourcustomdomain.com is live!
- Add new branch (e.g. staging) in the repo in GitHub, make sure you can see them in the GitHub UI
- Go back to settings/deploys#deploy-contexts and add the new branch you created (staging)
- Go back to settings/domain#branch-subdomains and try adding new subdomain (staging) – it is not in the list.
I might be misunderstanding the flow here, but it might look like a GUI bug to me. More info about the specific site can be provided in a DM. Thanks!