Hello, my netlify sitename is : myangulartelco.netlify.app
I do not have custom domain setup. But when i publish my angular app i get your connection is insecure error. I checked deployment logs and it says all linked resources are secure.
But i can not access to my website.
Hi, @halitkalayci. There are two requirements for a custom domain to work with a site at Netlify:
- The DNS configuration must be correct.
- The custom domain (or domains) must be added to the site’s settings at Netlify under Site Name > Settings > Domain management > Custom domains.
For example, here:
I cannot tell if the first requirement is met or not because you have not solve us the custom domain you want to use.
For the second requirement, I’m certain it is not met as there is no custom domain assigned to the site. This is shown in the screenshot below:
To summarize, please be sure you have both configured the DNS correctly and also added the domain to the site’s custom domain settings. If it still doesn’t work after doing that, please let us know.
Hi, i do not want to use custom domain, isn’t it possible?
Hi, @halitkalayci. First, I must apologize. I’m sorry that I gave you wrong advice. A custom domain is not required.
I gave wrong information because I read this wrong:
You clearly state you do not have a custom domain but I misread it and thought you did.
In this case where no custom domain is used, there is no reason for the “connection insecure” message. All
netlify.app subdomains (like
myangulartelco.netlify.app) will use our SSL certificate for
This is how that SSL certificate is displayed by the CLI tool
* subject: C=US; ST=California; L=San Francisco; O=Netlify, Inc; CN=*.netlify.app
* start date: Feb 15 00:00:00 2022 GMT
* expire date: Mar 2 23:59:59 2023 GMT
* subjectAltName: host "myangulartelco.netlify.app" matched cert's "*.netlify.app"
* issuer: C=US; O=DigiCert Inc; CN=DigiCert TLS Hybrid ECC SHA384 2020 CA1
* SSL certificate verify ok.
As you can see that SSL certificate is active and valid.
If you are still seeing an insecure connection, would you please send us the following details?
- the exact URL requested
- the client IP address making the HTTP request
- the server IP address that responds
- the date, time, and timezone of the request
This information will allow us to examine this in details and find out the reason for the error.