You have reached a limit for domain orders. Please contact support for further assistance. Error

I’m trying to buy a domain and getting “You have reached a limit for domain orders. Please contact support for further assistance.”

Slug: thred-team

Please assist.

Hi there,

Could you tell us a bit more about how you are using domains? I can see you’ve bought 10 through us (Netlify App), but I don’t see very many of them in use on your Netlify sites (Netlify App).

It’s against our terms of service to host “just dns” here rather than sites using those domains, as you can see in the line I’m quoting from this doc:

https://www.netlify.com/legal/self-serve-subscription-agreement/

Netlify Managed DNS or Netlify functions are strictly for use with sites deployed to Netlify. It is expressly allowed to have DNS records within Customer’s zone pointing to non-Netlify resources, but we expect that all zones Customer hosts with Netlify also have at least one hostname hosted by Netlify, and all functions hosted by Netlify are called primarily by a website hosted on our Services. In some cases, this paragraph may not apply to a Customer who has entered into a separate Enterprise Subscription Agreement with Netlify.

So - we’d want to understand how your current usage aligns with our terms of service, before we enable you to buy more domains. If you plan to host hostnames from every domain on Netlify, no problem! But if you aren’t (and that includes for domains you already purchased), we won’t be able to permit you to buy more.

Hello there. We use domains on Netlify for Netlify websites. If you actually take a look at our domain list, thredapps.io, thredwallet.com, shopmythred.com, mythredstore.com, mythred.xyz, and mythreds.com, thredprotocol.com are all connected to websites using Netlify. The remaining 3 are aliases for not-yet deployed Netlify websites. Correct me if I’m wrong, but 7/10 domains actively being used actually means the majority of my domains are in current active use, and not the other way around like you mentioned.

As such, I would like to purchase a domain name to serve as the main domain for my new Netlify Website. In terms of how it aligns with your TOS, well it’s not being used for any external sites, so no problem there; please resolve this matter as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Hello? I’m still waiting for a response. I’ll open up another thread in the forum if this doesn’t get answered.

Hi @Artathecanadian

Hello? I’m still waiting for a response. I’ll open up another thread in the forum if this doesn’t get answered.

Please do not open additional threads in the forums once you have started one. We will get to it when we have time. We are a small but mighty team and cannot chase down multiple threads for the same issue. Support needs to prioritize our work and folks who pay for support come first. You are replying less than one day after the last response and that is not reasonable or acceptable. Thank you for your cooperation.

I have increased the domain limit for your account to 20.