Www.customdomain.com doesn't appear to be served by Netlify

Hi, folks. A few days ago, I added a custom domain name, (briansmithdev.com), to a site I have hosted here on Netlify. I configured DNS as per Netlify instructions, and all is working just fine, except that I’m getting the error:
www.customdomain.com doesn’t appear to be served by Netlify
We can’t renew your Let’s Encrypt certificate automatically until the issue is resolved. Check our troubleshooting guide for more information on how to fix the problem, and then renew the certificate.”
I followed the steps listed in the linked troubleshooting guide, and it appears that both CNAME Record and A Record are being served by Netlify. The TTL value I have set up is only 30 minutes, so this shouldn’t be any issue. Any advice on what might be causing this error would be much appreciated.
Thanks for your time!

Even though it has been a few days since you made the switch to Netlify DNS, it’s possible that the new DNS name server settings have not yet propagated. You can check this at https://dnspropagation.net. Note that sometimes the propagation report can show full propagation, but there can still be a problem, and this shows up when you re-run the report and some of the name servers switch back to non-Netlify DNS. However, if you run the report a few times and always get Netlify name servers across the board, then you have to start looking elsewhere.

If you want help checking this, share your custom domain name so others can check it from different locations.

Thanks for your reply. As per your suggestion, I’ve added my domain to the post and checked propagation at https://dnspropagation.net. For CNAME, all tests consistently show “bms-portfolio.netlify.com”, the Netlify address of the site. For A Record, I consistently get “104.198.14.52”, the Netlify load-balancer IP. The exception to this is an occasional timeout.
When you say I have to start looking elsewhere, what might that entail?

My bad. When you wrote that you configured your DNS records, I made the assumption that you had switched DNS to Netlify. The CNAME reference set off an alarm bell, but I ignored it. Your site is loading for me over HTTPS now, though. Still no joy where you are? If it is working, I’m surprised that Netlify can attach an SSL certificate to a site for which it is not providing DNS. Live and learn, I guess.

Hi, @LuosRestil, and welcome to our Netlify community site. :slight_smile:

The text " www.briansmithdev.com doesn’t appear to be served by Netlify" is the last error, but not a current error.

I’m showing the domain and SSL certificate are configured correctly at this time. I do still see that error here though:

That isn’t a current error. The UI there shows the last error, even if there is no current error. This is done for debugging purposes although it can cause confusion (as I believe it did here). There is no active error at this time.

Good deal, thank you for your help!