Where are you from?

Hi,

just another Newbie from Mainz in Germany. I much appreciate state-of-the-art technology!

4 Likes

We all appreciate state-of-the-art technology ! :slight_smile: That’s how we got here ! Welcome @ng0177 !

2 Likes

I am looking for a chart or any visial depiction of the concept Netlify uses to deploy its sites using modern technologies. Do you happen to know where to find it? I am total newbie.

2 Likes

My first reflex would be reading the documentation (but I assume you already did), just in case :

Otherwise, you can find useful informations through the SSG you plan to use.

3 Likes

Here’s a depiction of the jamstack worfkow :

I hope you’ll find it valuable.

3 Likes

@amali: much appreciate your hints. After browsing through the docs, I am able to understand better what it says on my new site: Hugo is my SSG and Netlify uses JAMstack to publish it. The source code is on github (in my case). Is that it?

This is a boilerplate for using Hugo as a static site generator and Webpack as your asset pipeline. Victor Hugo setup to use PostCSS and Babel for CSS and JavaScript compiling/transpiling. This project is released under the MIT license. Please make sure you understand its implications and guarantees.

2 Likes

@ng0177 : More accurately, I would say Hugo is your static site generator using a JAMstack architecture and Netlify is a hosting and deploying service specially made for this kind of apps or websites. :wink:

Regarding Hugo, you can reach the Discourse community there :

3 Likes

@amalik Well said :slight_smile: Great - I am getting closer… Further questions I ask in How to get started on Hugo netlify? since the topic is more appropriate. Thanks again.

3 Likes

France Strasbourg, Hi all :wink:

4 Likes

Welcome @Kyliux ! Alsace in da place ! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello everyone, I am from Switzerland :switzerland:

Wait, I know Switzerland is small, but am I really the only one, come on. :wink:

3 Likes

Hey all, greetings from Belgium! :belgium:

3 Likes

Hi @perry !

Greetings from Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Montreal area is a cold place during the winter time and road are not well maintain… So if you ever have the idea of coming over here with a nice car or a motorcycle, maybe you should avoid it during October to May, after this you are good to go.

Otherwise, summer time are coming up, it’s almost spring here and anyone who like the nature or Hot Summer will be well served here.

Hello everyone.
I’m from Toronto, Canada.

Go Raptors! :dragon_face: :hot_pepper: :basketball:

1 Like

Whew, Netlify doesn’t half reach each corner of the world!

I reside in the Midlands, UK. Nice to see a few other Britons in this thread amongst a plethora of globetrotters!

I am from Spain, but I moved the Åland Islands, Finland. Its quiet and nice here.

2 Likes

I live in Tokyo, Japan. Hello everyone!

3 Likes

Born: Kobryn, Belarus.
Moved to: Lancaster, PA
Moved to: Philadelphia, PA
Moved to: Seattle, WA
Moved to: Lancaster, PA
Recently moved to: South Jordan, Utah

Its been a wild ride :slight_smile:

Hello, the name is moh

I stay in Lagos, Nigeria but I am from the North-Eastern part of Nigeria, Borno state.
I love tech events and showing off tech swag.

1 Like

Hi, i’m from US and i’m running a paint by numbers website.