Where are you from?

Netlify users are taking over the world! Where are you from? I bet there is a someone just around the corner who might be fun to meet up with.

I guess I better answer this one myself … WELL, I’m FROM the UK (was born there in a town called Norwich, north west of London) grew up near Brighton on the south coast), then I moved to Germany when I was 8 (to Hamburg, big city in the north), then lived in Australia for a year (mostly Sydney) and have been based in Portland, Oregon, on the west coast of the USA since 2005.

9 Likes

:wave: Hello from St Albans, UK. (Just North of London)

2 Likes

Hi :wave:I’m from Delta State in Nigeria. But I’ve lived in the big city Lagos all my life :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:wave: Bonjour from Toulouse, France. See you in New-York, USA for the JAMstack conference.

4 Likes

Oh hello :wave: I was born on the West coast of France but I’m living the life in Bellevue, WA. Glad to be here! PNW folks should def attend our JAMstack Meetup :grinning: JAMstack Seattle (Seattle, WA) | Meetup

4 Likes

Hei :wave: born in Nairobi, Kenya. Been living in Norway since the late 90s.

Currently learning about modern Web Development and I try to organise the Oslo chapter JAMstack. We are actively looking for speakers and it’s always fun to meet new people in the city. Please feel free to reach out if you are in the area.

3 Likes

Hi! I’m from Tokyo , Japan!
I go back and forth between Tokyo and Manila, Philippines :grinning:

4 Likes

Hello! I was born in Nairobi, Kenya spent the first few years of my life in Migori, Kenya. I then moved to and grew up in Bronx, NY . I now live in New Jersey.

7 Likes

Hello! Originally from Denmark, spent 7 years in Spain and now based in San Francisco.

6 Likes

Hi all! I was born in Manila, Philippines, moved to Jeddah, KSA when I was two years old. Then moved back to Manila after High School. In 1998, I moved to Brooklyn, NY. Finally, in 2016, I moved to Cookeville, TN. I’m working my way around the world, it seems. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

@Dennis i didn’t know you kinda lived all over! This thread is teaching me a lot :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hello from Lagos Nigeria!

1 Like

Hi Everyone! Tony (talves) here. I live and work in Huntington Beach, CA. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I think so @bret. Definitely, I don’t take it for granted.

1 Like

I’m from Amsterdam, the Netherlands! :netherlands:

2 Likes

Hey! I was born just up the road from you … in Kijabe, at the AIM hospital. I grew mostly in Nairobi & attended Rosalyn Academy and then ISK. A friend from Rosalyn & ISK, Marc Cannon, lives in Norway now.

I live in Dallas, TX these days.

Nice to see a fellow Kenyan here!

Rich Cook

1 Like

Wow! Three native Kenyans here. So cool.

2 Likes

Hi :wave: I’m from Bangalore, India

1 Like

Hi, I’m from Minsk, Belarus

1 Like

Hello from Transylvania, Romania! :wave:

2 Likes