I have a weird situation that I cannot figure out. I have two GatsbyJS sites
I have put a new post on both (the first of this year I believe). The posts are not showing on my index pages, they are there as I can access them from the URL. When I build and run locally they appear as the latest post as expected.
Everything appears to be OK, Netlify builds the sites just fine. At first I thought this was a caching issue but I have ruled out client cache as I have tested with multiple browsers, devices and people. Including dumping local cache.
Here is an example
UIBuzz Podcast - Episode 8 - NextJS First Moments | Blog (peterwitham.com)
Yet you will not see it on the index.
Thanks for any suggestions. Weird that it’s happening on multiple sites and only on Netlify host.
@GrfxGuru I see two posts on your peterwitham site dated this year, and one on the computeswift site dated this year. Perhaps you are seeing an issue due to local caching?
OK this is very weird, maybe my local network is up to some shenanigans:)
So glad everyone else is seeing it right though.
Thanks for checking and appreciate the feedback!
Ok my bad, I forgot that I had posted those, they are showing correctly but I have at least one post that went up today on
compileswift.com so there does appear to be an issue still.
I’ve solved the problem I think, not certain that it’s my solution but it worked. I toggled the auto publish a couple of times.
@GrfxGuru. You might also want to check to see if the incorrect responses came from Netlify or from the site’s service worker:
Last checked by Netlify Support Team on September 22, 2021
service worker is a script that your browser runs in the background to accomplish a variety of tasks. Browsers cache service workers for 24 hours by default, and don’t update them when you reload your page. Therefore, you may have a service worker on your site which could prevent you from seeing the latest and greatest changes that you’ve made.
If you suspect a service worker is causing this issue, I recommend disabling/removing the …
The site for the domain
compileswift.com is using a service worker so that could have been part of the issue. If you see any further issues, please let us know.
Thanks Luke, I’ll look into it.