Unable to move NS over to Netlify: validation failed

I tried to assign the Netlify servers updating the NS records at my registrar, but now I got an issue: since it’s an .it domain it fails the validation with the following errors:

<test name="NSCompareTest" status="FAILED">
           <nameserver name="dns1.p01.nsone.net." status="FAILED">
               <detail queryId="13">Nameservers list [dns1.p01.nsone.net., dns2.p01.nsone.net., dns3.p01.nsone.net., dns4.p01.nsone.net.] different from NS Records: [dns1.p08.nsone.net., dns2.p08.nsone.net., dns3.p08.nsone.net., dns4.p08.nsone.net.]</detail>
           </nameserver>
           <nameserver name="dns2.p01.nsone.net." status="FAILED">
               <detail queryId="14">Nameservers list [dns1.p01.nsone.net., dns2.p01.nsone.net., dns3.p01.nsone.net., dns4.p01.nsone.net.] different from NS Records: [dns1.p08.nsone.net., dns2.p08.nsone.net., dns3.p08.nsone.net., dns4.p08.nsone.net.]</detail>
           </nameserver>
           <nameserver name="dns3.p01.nsone.net." status="FAILED">
               <detail queryId="15">Nameservers list [dns1.p01.nsone.net., dns2.p01.nsone.net., dns3.p01.nsone.net., dns4.p01.nsone.net.] different from NS Records: [dns1.p08.nsone.net., dns2.p08.nsone.net., dns3.p08.nsone.net., dns4.p08.nsone.net.]</detail>
           </nameserver>
           <nameserver name="dns4.p01.nsone.net." status="FAILED">
               <detail queryId="16">Nameservers list [dns1.p01.nsone.net., dns2.p01.nsone.net., dns3.p01.nsone.net., dns4.p01.nsone.net.] different from NS Records: [dns1.p08.nsone.net., dns2.p08.nsone.net., dns3.p08.nsone.net., dns4.p08.nsone.net.]</detail>
           </nameserver>
       </test>

I am now unable to modify again the nameservers since it’s saying there’s a change in progress, so I’m not necessarily clear on what to do next.

Any help to unblock me would be great.

(Also noticed this is very similar to this other thread )

Hi @MrPeach,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to Netlify’s Support Forums!

Could you let us know which Netlify site you’re having this issue with? Please provide the site name or URL (for example sitename.netlify.app).

Hi @Melvin the website is dapper-starship-55d6ed.netlify.app

Hi @MrPeach,

Thanks for the follow-up!

Checking the DNS configuration, I’m showing that you have Netlify DNS setup, but not currently using Netlify’s name servers (or they haven’t propagated):

dig m-and-m-celebrate.it NS +trace | tail -n 6 
m-and-m-celebrate.it.	10800	IN	NS	ns-10-b.gandi.net.
m-and-m-celebrate.it.	10800	IN	NS	ns-171-a.gandi.net.
m-and-m-celebrate.it.	10800	IN	NS	ns-74-c.gandi.net.
;; Received 125 bytes from 2604:3400:aaac::4b#53(ns-74-c.gandi.net) in 9 ms

You’ll want to ensure you’re using the Netlify name servers mentioned here at your registrar.

We have a Support Guide on configuring Netlify DNS and the name servers here:

Let us know if you have any questions.

Yeah, I have done exactly that. The problem is that now the IT registrar is unable to validate the new nameservers with the above error I reported in my first post. No idea where to go from here.

Hi, @MrPeach. Your issue was similar to the other thread you linked to. Please change the name servers at the registrar to the ones shown here now:

https://app.netlify.com/account/dns/m-and-m-celebrate.it

They will the ones below:

dns4.p08.nsone.net
dns3.p08.nsone.net
dns2.p08.nsone.net
dns1.p08.nsone.net

Note, they are p08 and not p01.

Thanks, Luke. I’m now waiting for the registrar to allow me to modify the entries again.
Then the ones I copied from the configuration panel are wrong :frowning_face: