Unable to add DNS records: 404 DNS zone not found

Hey Team,

My custom domain puffitor.com is unable to add domain records. For any record type that I try to add I receive the following error RECORD_TYPE: 404 - zone not found. Additionally, setting it up as a custom domain in a Netlify project doesn’t seem to be working, either, and when doing that new DNS records aren’t being added. Can you please reset the DNS zones?

Thanks in advance

Hi @puffitor :wave:t6: ,

Welcome to the forums and thanks so much for reaching out. Can you please check out this support guide and see if this helps? You should be able to add the DNS records on your own in the UI.[Support Guide] DNS Quick Start - How to set up DNS

Hi Sam,

I checked it out, but my issue is not really related to that. The domain is registered by Netlify, not an external domain registrar, but when I try adding a DNS record, regardless of the type of it, I get this error: dns_api puffitor.com - puffitor.com - [Type of record: CNAME, A, TXT, etc.]: 404 - zone not found: puffitor.com. I saw another person with the same issue on the forum ( Unable to add DNS records to domain. 404 - zone not found - Support - Netlify Support Forums) and the issue was resolved by resetting the DNS zone for the domain.

Here’s an image of the error

I really appreciate your help and hope this can be resolved quickly :smiley: Thanks again

Hi @puffitor :wave:t6: ,

Hi we deleted the zone but we contact NS1 to move ahead. Unfortunately the domain will not be visible in the Ui until this is resolved. Stay tuned for an update.

Hi again, just wanted to thank you for the help! The domain now seems to be working properly, so I really appreciate your help

HI @puffitor :wave:t6: , awesome glad to hear it! Thanks for letting us know and good luck with your site. (: