Trying to set up a custom domain email with iCloud

Hi! I’ve been trying to set up a custom domain for my site, modest-northcutt-2b8bd3.netlify.app moagco.in but the iCloud instructions aren’t matching netlify from what I can see, This doesn’t look right to me, but I’ve also never tried custom email domains before https://i.imgur.com/PHsZB02.png https://i.imgur.com/MkvVZZu.png , All other dns settings like txt do match up, CNAME is the only thing that doesn’t

Hi @Roselolz , welcome to the community :slight_smile:

We can’t provide support for iCloud Mail but from what I can tell your DNS records do seem to match Set up an existing domain with iCloud Mail - Apple Support

Hey @Roselolz how did you end up fixing this? I am having the same problem.

@audrey Netlify CNAME setup automatically adds my domain in the host name when I don’t want it to. How can I prevent this?

Could you please share your domain name to check?

@hrishikesh It is (removed for privacy)

Everything is setup correctly but the CNAME. I have the same screenshot posted as OP.

I am just trying to change my DNS according to Set up an existing domain with iCloud Mail - Apple Support, but doesn’t seem to be working

I used Network Tools: DNS,IP,Email to check:
TXT - PASS
MX - PASS
CNAME - Records not found

Everything seems to match up, except a missing MX record.

CNAME record and TXT is there and matches the Apple Support page.

However, you are missing one MX record. Currently your domain only returns mx01.mail.icloud.com. You will want to add the mx02 one and then try to verify your changes on iCloud.

[EDIT: Removed image that shows the DNS record responses as requested for privacy reason]

Screen Shot 2022-11-15 at 7.57.35 AM

@hartanto I actually did have both records for days now. I however deleted both and readded them back and it works now! Thank you! Could it be a bug?

Hi all,

I’ve just moved my DNS from go daddy to Netlify and this has caused my iCloud+ email to stop working.

I realised I need to move the icloud DNS settings to Netlify too, but I can’t see how to add the DKIM record that iCloud+ specifies in Netlify DNS.

I take it from comments above that other people managed to sort this out, so any help would be appreciated!

My domain is sophieknits.com

Thanks!

Can you attache a screenshot of how this is configured?

Hi Sophie, you may want to check your Netlify DNS settings. Generally it should look like this image below. The sig1._domainkey part is the DKIM record that Apple wants.

Values are from Apple Support site and is correct when this post is made, just replace example.com with your domain:

1 Like

Hi Hartanto,

Thank you so much for your help (sorry it’s taken me a while to get back to you).

I’ve finally got around to trying to fix this so updated my DNS settings but icloud + is still saying I need an SPF record, so i added both TXT like you have above, as well as an SPF record. Do you think this is a problem?

Also, you have your settings without the . at the end of the values, iCloud+ tells me to add a dot, I tried both and neither have worked. Hoping it’s just a case of waiting for settings to update and propagate. Here is how I have it now.

Any thoughts?

Sorry for the late reply, can you try removing the quotes on the SPF and TXT record?

Currently, it seems to have added the quotes literally to the record, which results in it being propagated like below:

1 Like