Trouble with custom domain: custom_domain is owned by another account

Hello! I was using www.doctarep.com.ar in one of my projects. The domain was working good but now another netlify account has to make use of it so I removed it from my project.

When the other user is trying to add this custom domain he says that he got this message: custom_domain is owned by another account.

How long does it take to free up the domain? Again, I have already removed it from my project. Thanks!

Hey there, @Enzo-21

Welcome to the Netlify Forums! Can you confirm how you have removed the domain from your project? Was it using the following workflow:

Netlify App > “Options” dropdown > “Remove domain”

If that hasn’t worked, please verify domain ownership and let us know by responding here when that’s done. If the verification is successful we can remove the domain from the other account so you can use it on yours.

I’ve done all the steps mentioned on different discussions in the forum, but the domain keeps saying that is already owned

Have you added a TXT record for the domain? If so, can you share the domain with me? We will need that in order to complete this step. Thank you!

The domain is www.doctarep.com.ar

hi there,

we were unable to find the txt record we need for that domain, sadly. can you double check the instructions linked above and try again, please?

1 Like