Custom Domain is owned by a different account

I recently needed to move a custom domain and build from one account to another. I deleted the custom domain on the original account and even deleted the first account completely. When I try to add the domain I get this error:

custom_domain is owned by the other account

The custom domain is: www.ledgerfire.com

supportTick

Hey there, this is happening because the custom domain you’re trying to use already exists on Netlify under a different account.

If you have some idea of who might be using the domain (maybe a previous collaborator or an agency you’ve worked with in the past?), the quickest way to get this resolved is for you to contact that person directly and ask them to remove the domain from their account here:

Netlify App > “Options” dropdown > “Remove domain”

If you’re not sure, please verify domain ownership and let us know by responding here when that’s done. If the verification is successful we can remove the domain from the other account so you can use it on yours.

Hello perry, I had the domain on a different account. I have already removed from that account. However, I will work to update the domain via the instruction to verify domain ownership this evening.

1 Like

Hey @perry I was able to get the verify domain ownership steps completed. Hope to hear from you soon!

Hey @mychalhall,
Thanks for verifying and for your patience! We’ve removed that domain from the other account so you should be able to add it to your site now. Please let us know if that’s not the case.

1 Like

Hello,

I recently needed to move a custom domain and build from one account to another. I deleted the custom domain on the original account and then recreated the build on the new account. When I try to add the domain I get this error:

custom_domain is owned by the other account

My old account’s Netlify domain is tbz.netlify.app.
This domain hosted from an account also had the custom domain. But I deleted that.

I am facing a custom_domain error is already owned in the new account.
The URL is https://laughing-lovelace-0e7434.netlify.app/

The custom domain is www.testbuzz.in